Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-19-05, 02:07 PM   #13
OWA

Default Re: Incompatibility with GeForce 7800 and Madden 06?

If you read the thread you'd see his problem was fixed and the solution was posted.

Basically, you have to use the affinity option since you have a dual-core CPU. You can do it the manual way by jumping out of the game, bringing up the task manager, right clicking the process and choosing the affinity option or you can use a utility like RunFirst (link provided earlier in the thread) or you can get the dual-core hotfix from Microsoft.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 08:25 PM   #14
deb0

Thumbs up Re: Incompatibility with GeForce 7800 and Madden 06?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diss
WOW! That did it!!

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to post that answer to this mind-numbing problem. :-)

I only have one hard drive, so for anyone else who faces a similar issue in the future and finds this post, my target setting for the game looks like this:

C:\WINDOWS\RunFirst.exe "C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\Madden NFL 06\madden06.exe"

If you're not sure how to get to that point, just right click on the Madden icon, choose "Properties," and then add that setting in the "target" window. And make sure that the RunFirst app is in your Windows directory, too.

Again, THANK YOU!!

Man, Me too on that! Thank You a million bucks for the fix.

a64 x2 3800@ 2.7ghz | DFI LPNF4 SLI-DR Bios 6.23 | 2xBFG7800GT OC | 2x1gb OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Audigy 2ZS | Maxtor 250GB SATA | Antec TPII550 | DangerDen H20 | 2xDVDRW+CDRW | Logitech G5 | Mitsubishi 2070SB | LianLi PC71-Black | XPSP2

deb0 is offline   Reply With Quote