Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-22-05, 04:40 PM   #13
mickyg

Default Re: 5900xt with PCI-e bios

Thanks again for all the details Jimmor! I followed very similar instructions when I did the flash to an Albatron (AGP) bios last week. I used the word "forced" simply because there were id mismatches all over the place when I tried a simple flash. I ended up having to use all the switches you've just recommended and it worked OK. But it didn't matter if it was the original (dodgy PCI-e) or the new (AGP) bios, they both had the same results. And yes, the drivers where removed correctly both times.

I'm still waiting for this vendor to get back to me - that's another rant in its own right, I'm afraid... I've emailed Elsa to see if there's a way I can get warranty service directly from them because I'd rather not deal with the vendor (just getting the card took well over a month!).
mickyg is offline   Reply With Quote