Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-25-05, 06:55 PM   #13
joffe

Default Re: NVIDIA listens to only the OEMs who buy their chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricercar
You were compaining about your graphics card not working.
I have a point anyway, but it seems you don't. With every post you change your focus.
At first there was no other point than to make people aware of the survey. Then people started moaning about NVIDIA not listening to them being end users and all. Then why is there a survey? How can you be so sure that your comments aren't being reflected upon?

Quote:
[the responsibility] is yours for buying hardware with an assumed support for Linux that's not guaranteed by the OEM vendor.
True, I bought the notebook for using Windows mainly, then realized that every single component in it except for the SD card reader was working with Linux. All the time until the 7xxx driver series emerged. Even so, NVIDIA states otherwise in its readme. I don't need to use the nvidia driver but would be happy to have RenderAccel in a working state. Lonni has told me that my specific problem is being worked on so that's perfectly in order. However my specific chip is neither under the supported section nor under the unsupported one in the list of supported products at the download page. Where does that leave me?
joffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 06:58 PM   #14
ricercar
fugue master

Arrow Re: NVIDIA listens to only the OEMs who buy their chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffe
How can you be so sure that your comments aren't being reflected upon?
Because when I worked there, end-users were habitually ignored, [cynicism]unless we could give a dying kid a free graphics card in front of a press conference.[/cynicism]
Old 11-25-05, 07:02 PM   #15
joffe

Default Re: My car doesn't fly even if I put wings on it. This is GM's fault?

Quote:
Consider the arrogance of a company that hosts an end-user forum, yet has an official written company policy to FIRE employees for posting on boards. Get real. NVIDIA doesn't care about the end-user. You won't get genuine end-user support form NVIDIA until they change their business model and corporate culture.
I didn't know they were that serious... Posting on any nvidia related board?
Old 11-25-05, 07:08 PM   #16
cifs

Default Re: User Survey: Help us make nvidia.com better

Just a real comment about the survey. I took it and would have "signed my name to it" by putting in my email address, but you can only enter an email address if you want to receive news and other marketing emails.

Normally if one takes a survey you can put in a contact number/email in case the people taking the survey want to contact you to get more information. It looks like nVidia is not interested in doing that.
cifs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 07:16 PM   #17
joffe

Default Re: User Survey: Help us make nvidia.com better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifs
Just a real comment about the survey.
You are right, unless you write it in the comments field

Quote:
Because when I worked there
Ok, you got me . Still enjoying the nvidia product line?