Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-03-03, 03:28 PM   #1
joltcola
Amputechture - 9/12

Default Bandwidth Management on winxp network

Ok, I'm at a loss here..

My problem is, I've got around 30ish computers on a network, thats then connected to the internet through a buisness class DSL connection.

My problem, anytime anyone downloads, it causes people's pings to jump way up. Since all the systems are for games... thats bad. =p

It seems that anytime anyone downloads, it takes most of the bandwidth and causes major lag. I'm wondering how I could adjust the use of bandwidth per system, so I keep this from happening

thanks

- jolt
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.- Aristotle
"sorry... Nvnews distracted me" - Tuork
"You work three jobs? That's uniquely American," President Bush told her. "That's fantastic."
joltcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-03, 09:10 PM   #2
poursoul
i eat people

What is the rest of your network? hubs, switches, routers? What OS'es?
poursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-03, 12:09 AM   #3
joltcola
Amputechture - 9/12

I'll get that information asap.. as soon as I get back to work. I'm at home right now ( which is an odd thing ). I just wanted to a general question, to see what people said first, what they suggest.

But ya.. I'll get that info
oh, and thank you

-- jolt

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.- Aristotle
"sorry... Nvnews distracted me" - Tuork
"You work three jobs? That's uniquely American," President Bush told her. "That's fantastic."
joltcola is offline   Reply With Quote