Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-05, 03:49 PM   #1
hermier

Default Pointer image get corrupted with Multiple X screen on same card (x86-1.0-8174)

Hi,
I *found* a really anoying bug, which corrupt some graphical data, mainly visible with the pointer.

To reproduce: start X with a Multiple X screen (as described in appendix P).
with wine start diablo2, when in goes full screen on one of the screen move the mouse to the other screen and you'll see the bug. Note that the pointer in the screen where you started wine is correct. Also note that when stopping wine the pointer come back normal on the wine screen, and stay corrupted in the second screen.
Other visible problems are some corrupted pixmap in other places (window, bar, ...) but it's quite random.

From what I see it seems related to change of the pointer and/or the screen resolution change of the screen to run the app in full screen.

If you need more info, ask me.

Final note: the previous stable driver release (1.0-7676) are not affected by this bug.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nvidia-bug-report.log.zip (24.7 KB, 141 views)
hermier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-05, 02:48 PM   #2
hermier

Default Re: Pointer image get corrupted with Multiple X screen on same card (x86-1.0-8174)

Reporting that the bug is also visible with 8178.
Old 01-29-06, 07:34 PM   #3
hermier

Default Re: Pointer image get corrupted with Multiple X screen on same card (x86-1.0-8174)

I have done some investigations on the wine code and the problem occur in while using the XRRSetScreenConf(AndRate) functions. It seems that in some condition it can cause *random* memory corruption.
I say randow because testing on a corrupted X, I was able to *also corrupt* the frame buffer memory one time.
Old 01-29-06, 10:54 PM   #4
whig
550Ti

X can be used with hardware or software cursors. Look at the log to see which is being used and then try the other.
Code:
    Option      "hw cursor" "off"
whig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-06, 03:25 AM   #5
hermier

I Tryed to use the software cursor, but if I do so the corruption goes somewhere else, generaly it goes on the top of the first screen making it mainly black, so I think there is some kind of memset or memcopy issued with a wrong pointer