Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-05-06, 08:49 PM   #1
slick
Play with conviction.

Default I shudder when I watch this.

This video is actual gameplay from Black for the (regular) Xbox.

I get two things from this video.

1.) This game is going to own.
2.) I cannot WAIT to see what next-gen consoles can do.
Old 02-05-06, 08:55 PM   #2
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: I shudder when I watch this.

I was on the fence about pre-ordering this one, but that video just changed my mind. I'll try and get over to the local EB tomorrow and put my money down.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 09:49 PM   #3
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

pick up oxm, it has a demo
Old 02-05-06, 10:02 PM   #4
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I played the demo on the Xbox and geez... I hated it. I was sort of looking forward to it since it looked quite good for a current gen game... but playing it was terrible. The aiming was aweful and the movement was so slow.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 10:05 PM   #5
|MaguS|

I disliked that the enemies were too accurate but the rest I enjoyed. One thing disappointing is that there is no MP at all... even Red Faction was able to tack on some sort of MP...
Old 02-05-06, 10:54 PM   #6
Zelda_fan

that's XBOX! Looks like a 360 next gen game to me.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 11:07 PM   #7
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
that's XBOX! Looks like a 360 next gen game to me.
Guess theres no reason for you to go nextgen if you can't tell the difference. I find it more suprising that the game looks nearly identical on both the PS2 and Xbox.
Old 02-06-06, 11:05 AM   #8
Lil Sassy
G80

Wow, it does look good. Amazing what you can do with hardware when it's a closed platform and you optimize the crap out of your stuff. Sadly, that's something you never, ever see on PC hardware. All that waste...

It's called "Kickin Ass"
Lil Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-06, 11:31 AM   #9
Edge
3d animator for hire!

The game does look very nice. I wouldn't go as far as saying it looks good as a next-gen game, it definately has a few "current gen" flaws like blocky geometry and flat-looking walls (do the characters even have shadows?), but it does look very impressive for what they're running it on. The game really does seem polished, all the way from the explosions to the feel of the weapons. Some background textures look a bit bland, but the weapons are surprisingly detailed. Even when you zoom in with them and the tip of the barrel takes up the entire corner of the screen, the textures still aren't fuzzy.

I'm actually quite impressed with the audio as well. Weapons actually SOUND like weapons, instead of like pea-shooters as many FPS games' weapons do (*cough*Half-life 2*cough*), and the sound effects and distortion are very well-done. I always found it funny that FPS games spend millions and millions on the graphical aspect of the games, and then they sound like they hired a guy that does saturday morning cartoons to do the audio.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 04:25 AM   #10
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I find it more suprising that the game looks nearly identical on both the PS2 and Xbox.
I don't, considering who the developer is. All the Burnout games I've played on both PS2 and Xbox have looked similar, which is to say very good.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-06, 08:17 PM   #11
fade11

Yeah, It looks fairly good, nice concentration on effects, debris and bullets, but tbh, FEAR did all that pretty well already.

Now....Condemned ...that was a fun/different take on the FPS.

This game will have some stiff competition. Counterstrike has been refined over ..what ...8 years and is still a very, very good game as a result. Halo2 has online console play dominated. Plus theres a billion FPS on PC that I haven't mentioned. FPS is a very DONE genre.

It really reminded me of Goldeneye. Still one of my favourite FPS games. Yes, it was cool when you shot a guys hat off in goldeneye, but from that video it looks like it happens to every other person you vaguely headshot.

Goldeneye copy with nice effects? Hmmm, is it coming to 360? I might be able to get interested.
fade11 is offline   Reply With Quote