Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-11-06, 08:11 PM   #1
airborne

Default SaX2 configuration error, InputDevice is not a valid keyword for this section

Hi,

I installed SuSE 10.0 to my computer. Then installed nvidia driver via YaST. Then to configure SaX I ran SaX2 command (at console than later at init level 3 as well). It opens the configuration window. Then I hit Test button to test the settings and it gives an error:

X Configuration: Parse error on line 43 of section files of file /var/lib/sax/xorg.conf
InputDevice is not a valid keyword for this section

I tried to comment out those InputDevice entries in that file but it seems like the file is re-created each time, and I get the same error.

Without configuring the SaX I still have 3D acceleration, only problem is that, screen is not alinged with the edges of the monitor. (I already have correct frequencies in xorg.conf file. Screen gets alinged with the monitor if I just replace Driver "nvidia" with "nv" in xorg.conf but then I lose 3D acceleration.)

Attached is the bug report file.
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report-1of2.log (50.1 KB, 119 views)
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report-2of2.log (60.8 KB, 121 views)
airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-06, 09:16 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: SaX2 configuration error, InputDevice is not a valid keyword for this section

Where did the modelines in your xorg.conf come from? I'd suggest commenting them out and letting the driver determine which is the best mode for your display device.

Barring that, you could always use xvidtune to tweak the modeline.

Thanks,
-Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-06, 07:15 AM   #3
airborne

Default Re: SaX2 configuration error, InputDevice is not a valid keyword for this section

Looking at the comment lines at the beginning of xorg.conf, xorg.conf is created by SaX automatically so those modelines.

Commenting out the modelines solved my problem. Although I still cannot run SaX and save a configuration (that I don't need anymore at the moment), screen is now aligned with the edges. Thanks very much.
airborne is offline   Reply With Quote