Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-01-06, 03:00 PM   #1
garo

Unhappy OpenGL not working (N6600, BadLength poly request too large)

I'm having huge problems with my new ASUS N6600 AGP graphics card. I've tried number of different ways, upgraded kernel and nvidia drivers with the lastets patches but always when I try to access OpenGL features, I get the following error:
Code:
X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  145 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  21 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  79
  Current serial number in output stream:  79
This happends if I try to start Xgl, or if I try to use "glxinfo" within normal Xorg.

I'm running Linux 2.6.15, both debian standard and custom built and NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8178-pkg0.run with patch NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-8178-1451498.diff.txt

Any ideas? I've crawled the google over and over and got no usefull tips how to solve this

- Juho Mäkinen
garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-06, 03:04 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: OpenGL not working (N6600, BadLength poly request too large)

Please generate and post an nvidia-bug-report.log.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-06, 03:05 PM   #3
garo

Here is the relevant nvidia-bug-report.log

edit: I was just going to do that =)

- Juho Mäkinen
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (32.2 KB, 255 views)
Old 03-01-06, 03:13 PM   #4
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

This bug report doesn't have an X log or X configuration file. How are you running X?

Did you install the official NVIDIA driver package from NVIDIA's website, or a 3rd party package?

Thanks,
Lonni
Old 03-01-06, 03:19 PM   #5
garo

Here are the Xlog and xorg.conf

With Xgl, I started it as root with just "Xgl" command. I've also tried to start it with "Xgl :1 -ac -accel glxbuffer -accel xv". They both give the error which is at the first post.

I'm able to start traditional xorg and execute glxinfo at a xterm, which also gives the same error.

The NVidia splash startup screen is shown at the beginning of Xgl and xorg. Xgl crashed immediately after the splash screen with the error message described.

I've tried bot the NVIDIA driver package, and standard debian packages from testing (the debian HEAD)

- Juho Mäkinen
Attached Files
File Type: log Xorg.93.log (30.3 KB, 155 views)
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (2.8 KB, 220 views)
Old 03-01-06, 03:23 PM   #6
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

I don't see anything unusual in your X log. Ignoring XGL for the timebeing, I'd like to see a bug report that isn't missing your X log and X configuration.

Thanks,
Lonni
Old 03-01-06, 03:30 PM   #7
garo

This contains the xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log among the other data (created with the nvidia-bug-report.sh script, which for some reason didn't find the Xorg.93.log in the first place. I renamed it to Xorg.0.log and the script found it). It's renamed to nvidia-bug-report.complete.log because I'm not sure how the forum handles duplicate named attachments. Hope this suits for you

- Juho Mäkinen
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.complete.log (65.3 KB, 154 views)
Old 03-01-06, 03:41 PM   #8
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

You stated that you installed 1.0-8178 from the official package, however the nvidia installer log in your bug report indicates that you aborted the driver installation.

Copying the XGL log over to Xorg.0.log doesn't address the fact that you didn't have the normal Xorg Xorg.0.log. You stated that this reproduces with Xorg. I'd like to see a bug report that captures that failure, along with the installer log that shows the installation of 1.0-8178.

Also, which window manager are you using with Xorg, when this reproduces?

Thanks,
Lonni

Old 03-01-06, 03:54 PM   #9
garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
You stated that you installed 1.0-8178 from the official package, however the nvidia installer log in your bug report indicates that you aborted the driver installation.
I tried this first but it gave the same results. After that, I compiled the lastets kernel by hand. After this, I ran the offical NVIDIA .run installer, but I aborted it and downloaded nvidia-kernel-source (version 1.0.8178-2, description: NVIDIA binary kernel module source) debian package, and compiled it. (so that's why the installer log shows that I aborted it)

After this didn't work, I tried to apply the patch NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-8178-1451498.diff.txt, which I found from a thread here, but it still gives the same error.

Quote:
Copying the XGL log over to Xorg.0.log doesn't address the fact that you didn't have the normal Xorg Xorg.0.log. You stated that this reproduces with Xorg. I'd like to see a bug report that captures that failure, along with the installer log that shows the installation of 1.0-8178.
the Xorg.93.log was created by Xgl. I've now reproduced the bug with xorg 6.9.0 (started a bare X without anything else and ran the glxinfo at a xterm. Running full window manager (KDE) gives the same result when I run glxinfo) When I ran Xorg (and not Xgl), it creates the Xorg.0.log.

Quote:
Also, which window manager are you using with Xorg, when this reproduces?
I'm using KDE 3.5, but the bug can be reproduced also by running glxinfo without any window manager (as I described earlier).

Quote:
Thanks,
Lonni
Thanks for you, you've been very helpfull so far =)

- Juho Mäkinen
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.xorg.log (65.9 KB, 129 views)
Old 03-01-06, 04:38 PM   #10
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Are you able to run glxinfo if you're using the 'nv' X driver?
Did you test glxinfo prior to installing XGL ?

Just to confirm, you're running X locally, not via vnc, or any other remote mechanism?

Please (re)install 1.0-8178 from the official package, and post the resulting installer log.

Thanks,
Lonni