Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-27-06, 07:10 PM   #1
Anggell

Default Big problem with network and sound with nforce4 and suse9.1.Heeeelp!

Hello!Will anybody be kind enough to give me a walktrough on how to install my network card, sound card and video card in Linux Suse 9.1?I'm new to linux but I manage within it.My sistem is Abit Fatality nf4 ultra ,ath 3000+,video inno3d 6600 pci-e, sound and network card are the ones integrated on mky motherboard.So I've downloaded the nforce and video drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html I've installed them as indicated on the site and that's it.I don't know how to make them work.
If anyone has the time maybe he can tell me all the steps I have to make in order to install my network,soun, and video cards.
For the network I use a proxy to acces the internet and i'm in a network with dhcp.
I followed all the steps described in the documentation that came with the drivers but it was futile.And I've seen some of you on the forum speaking about some strange things i don't know what they are regarding network and sound instalation.

Please help me!Thank you in advance.
Anggell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-06, 09:57 AM   #2
Anggell

Default Re: Big problem with network and sound with nforce4 and suse9.1.Heeeelp!

And another thing about the network, how can I change (overwrite the mac adress of my network card after some of you tell me how to install it.
Thanks!
Old 03-02-06, 03:44 AM   #3
Anggell

Default Re: Big problem with network and sound with nforce4 and suse9.1.Heeeelp!

anyone???