Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-28-06, 11:23 AM   #1
charlesa

Default Twinview Features

Twinview right now is missing the ability to rotate just one of the connected monitors. Also, in clone mode it doesn't have the ability to rotate just the cloned screen (Windows doesn't either, so I don't have my hopes up for this).

I've managed to duplicate both of these with seperate x servers and Xinerama (I don't know how I duplicated rotated clone mode... it was real buggy and the cursor only showed up on one screen), but this runs extremely slow.

Does anyone know if either of these features are planned for a future driver release? They are critical for the way I have my laptop setup (it is a tablet PC which docks with the screen upside-down). If not, can anyone give some performance tips for running separate X servers with Xinerama? Everything feels very sluggish with this (I understand that to be because everything has to be emulated in software).
charlesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-06, 01:37 PM   #2
charlesa

Default Re: Twinview Features

I'm guessing support for these features isn't planned. Does anyone know about the xinerama speed issue? When I click a menu selection, there is a distinct lag submenu pops up. This will happen for each menu item, but on subsequent clicks they will open fast. Also scrolling through virtual desktops is really really slow.
charlesa is offline   Reply With Quote