Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-20-06, 11:04 PM   #109
Clay

Default Re: Enough with these stupid posts. On with the Screenshots!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderDruid
I don't see a real difference in the texture quality out in the distance of those shots. Or is it just me?

I'm kind of bummed about that. I hope nVidia has something up their sleeves to fix it.
Nope, that far away isn't affected by AF. You can naturally see a big difference in the foreground and middleground though.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-06, 11:04 PM   #110
DarkSwordmaster

Quote:
I don't see a real difference in the texture quality out in the distance of those shots. Or is it just me?

I'm kind of bummed about that. I hope nVidia has something up their sleeves to fix it.

It's the way AF works. It's how textures look at an extreme slant. Look at the grass near the bottom. There's no effect on the LOD.

How do the physics react? I'm the type of player who can spend 30min. playing with either a ragdoll, or just physics objects in a room. Please tell me they're absolutely wonderful. As long as they're the quality or better as seen in the E3 DVD video.
DarkSwordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-06, 11:05 PM   #111
ShinOBIWAN

Quote:

Look at the ground detail in the foreground though, much better with 16x AF.

I love Nvidia cards for there no nonsense approach to gaming but I have to say that after moving from an 7800GT SLi setup to an X1900XTX, I've noticed a improvement in overall image sharpness and especially in texture detail with 16xAF HQ. Anti aliasing also seems to incur less of a performance hit on the X1900XTX too.

I'm NOT saying the ATi X1900 will look better than the 7800/7900 in Oblivion but its what I've noticed so far from games like FEAR, Black and White 2 and TOCA Race Driver 3.
ShinOBIWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-06, 11:06 PM   #112
ShinOBIWAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
Nope, that far away isn't affected by AF. You can naturally see a big difference in the foreground and middleground though.
Clay, is there a 1280x720 widescreen resolution option?
Old 03-20-06, 11:08 PM   #113
Clay

No, not via their settings menu anyway...I don't see any property for resolution setting in the INI file either.

http://www.nvnews.net/temp/oblivion/opt2.jpg
Old 03-20-06, 11:14 PM   #114
ShinOBIWAN

Quote:
No, not via their settings menu anyway...I don't see any property for resolution setting in the INI file either.

http://www.nvnews.net/temp/oblivion/opt2.jpg
Under [display] I see these fields:

bFull Screen=1
iSize W=640
iSize H=480

Could you try changing them 1280x720 or any other res that isn't in the default options to see if it works. I'll be bummed out if 1280x720 doesn't work since that's the native res of my projector

Clay, many thanks BTW
Old 03-20-06, 11:18 PM   #115
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinOBIWAN
Under [display] I see these fields:

bFull Screen=1
iSize W=640
iSize H=480

Could you try changing them 1280x720 or any other res that isn't in the default options to see if it works. I'll be bummed out if 1280x720 doesn't work since that's the native res of my projector

Clay, many thanks BTW
Ah! Good catch...I'll try it and be back with results in a few minutes.
Old 03-20-06, 11:19 PM   #116
DarkSwordmaster

Let me know how the physics are while you're out!

Old 03-20-06, 11:26 PM   #117
upyr

Does it take a while to make a new character look how you want it to?
upyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-06, 11:32 PM   #118
Clay

Changing iSize W=640 and iSize H=480 didn't have any effect. Even if I set it to valid resolutions the resolution didn't change in the game. No changes I make seem to have any effect. I tried setting this to 1 bEnableProfile=0 thinking that might allow my changes to be used but it didn't.

There's a way to do this, just have to keep trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSwordmaster
Let me know how the physics are while you're out!
The physics seem ok. I haven't paid too much attention to them other than releasing the logs down the slope to kill a goblin...that seemed to be pretty accurate. If anything, the gravity in the game seems to be stronger than I would expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upyr
Does it take a while to make a new character look how you want it to?
It could...just depends. You have many, many, ways of customizing the appearance.
Old 03-20-06, 11:39 PM   #119
Clay

FYI, you can speed up the initial start of the game by just moving the intro video files into another directory like this:

On my system this game is very responsive in terms of starting, load times between indoor/outdoor, etc....very impressed with how quick it is.
Old 03-20-06, 11:40 PM   #120
DarkSwordmaster

Quote:
The physics seem ok. I haven't paid too much attention to them other than releasing the logs down the slope to kill a goblin...that seemed to be pretty accurate. If anything, the gravity in the game seems to be stronger than I would expect.

If you've seen the E3 video, how do they compare?

If you could just spend a handful of minutes:

Can you pick up a bunch of random stuff and throw it about? I'm the type of gamer who, given a decent physics system and environment, can spend upwards of 30min. simply playing around with a ragdoll or throwing things at other things in a room. As long as they're as good, or better than the video, I'm happy.

And one of the countdown videos showed minotaurs jumping up from an explosive arrow and it looked rather "blech". Are the ragdolls well done? Such as a sideswing to the gut sends them realing off to the side, doubled-over?

Thank you for being my current only link to the game. I plan to get it at around 3-5AM, but that may not be possible. Either way, again, thanks.