Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-23-03, 12:47 PM   #13
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Mr. Flibble denies these outrageous accusations while smoking on a newly aquired box of Cubans. He says anyone could produce those kind of photos and in fact blames the Ati mascot, harry the disgruntled driver pigeon in playing a major role in setting him up.

After the official statement Mr Flibble was asked for any further comments, to which he replied.

"bitboyz ownz j00"
Old 02-23-03, 11:52 PM   #14
muzz

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Mr. Flibble denies these outrageous accusations while smoking on a newly aquired box of Cubans. He says anyone could produce those kind of photos and in fact blames the Ati mascot, harry the disgruntled driver pigeon in playing a major role in setting him up.

After the official statement Mr Flibble was asked for any further comments, to which he replied.

"bitboyz ownz j00"
LMFAO.......
Well dig and vamp that made my day.. hehehe
Old 02-23-03, 11:56 PM   #15
The Baron

I think I'm the only man alive that never watched Red Dwarf...
Old 02-24-03, 01:27 AM   #16
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

PBS is a beautiful thing. A few years ago, my favorite hour of television was The Red Green Show followed by Red Dwarf. They don't show it anymore, at least around here. *sigh*...
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-03, 01:55 AM   #17
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking HARRY MADE ME DO IT!

ATI ownz j00

Last edited by LORD-eX-Bu; 02-24-03 at 02:37 AM.
LORD-eX-Bu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-03, 06:21 PM   #18
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy
Default Re: Nvidia giving NvNews heat over sentiment in forums

Quote:
Originally posted by teiresias
It's true. Nvidia isn't liking the posting (ie. looking at the FX with an objective viewpoint) going on here so they're seriously putting pressure on the site and the mods. Of course, they're not going to admit it.
Not true.

Why?

As a moderator, let's look at it objectively...

Nvidia no doubt reads these forums.
Nvidia no doubt has read some of my own posts.
Nvidia no doubt knows my policy on SPAM.

Would they really risk e-mailing me?
Old 03-07-03, 03:50 PM   #19
Brian3DGPU

Send a message via AIM to Brian3DGPU

Hi guys, I felt I had to put my two cents in on this.

Mike C. is an outstanding stand up guy. I have had the pleasure of meeting with him in person, (don't forget my picture of his bald head I posted) and working with him over the phone and email. The fact that someone owuld question his integrity is ludicrous. I have not always agreed with him on every subject, but I do respect him and his opinion.

As far as site bias, realize we who work at "fan sites" have to walk an extremely fin line. As we grow, we want to branch out into other topics and manufacturers. However, most competing companies are reluctant to give us a chance, and we risk pissing off the people who helped us out when we were extremely small and helped us grow.

Over at 3DGPU we try to be honest with our opinions and our reporting. Are we a little biased? Yea, probably, most people are. However to illustrate a point, until 3 days ago I had been running a Radeon 9500Pro that I bought with my own money.
http://www.3dgpu.com
brian.evans@3dgpu.com
Brian3DGPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-03, 04:37 PM   #20
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar

Not being biased, IMO, really impossible. A "fansite" not being biased would be even rarer.

You know I'm still biased *towards* nVidia! Yeah, sure, some think I'm biased *against* nVidia ( not many, though ) - but that's simply not true.

Even if I sometimes bash some PR techniques ( although not all, and there are some I'm highly impressed by - so please don't think I'm against all of their PR & Marketing departement, it's very far from that - in fact, I might be less against their PR techniques than most of you! I'm just louder, and more aggressive sometimes... ) and that I question some of your design choices rather aggressively...

But remember that I'm just trying to remain the most objective I can. It's not my fault if nVidia's current products got major disadvantages. And it's even less my fault if those disadvantages are, by bad luck, the things I want the most in a GPU. For example: the highly inefficient FP PS in the NV3x.

I remained Pro-NV30 even during all the NV30 bad reviews. Even during all the proofs of it having slower *and* worse looking AA & AF.
But when I saw the MIPS numbers at B3D, I just couldn't remain positive on that card. Those numbers were simply ridiculous. There's no other way to say it...

IMO, nVidia is still a great company. The nForce 2 is an excellent motherboard ( I'll be sure to get one for my next PC upgrade in a few weeks ) , and their workstation solutions are still amazing.

Please don't think I'm trying to talk negatively about nVidia just because I think the NV30 is a bad card or anything. Because I'm not talking negatively about nVidia. I only talk negatively of very specific products ( BTW, while I said NV30 & NV34 looks bad to me, did I already say the NV31 seems quite good? ) , and sometimes of very specific PR things ( see explanation for PR in the beggining of the post )

Sorry for writing such a long post about this...

Uttar
Uttar is offline   Reply With Quote