Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-23-05, 01:03 AM   #13
superklye

Default Re: I am ready to kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
I have noticed that to completely remove the nV IDE drivers, I had to reinstall the O.S. Driver cleaner didn't work, and add/remove still left the ide device driver in the system folder.

To be completely honost, the nV IDE drivers have alot of problems with some machines. I use them, but I know plenty of people that have had issues.
Yeah, back in the day when I had my Abit NF7-S rev. 2.0, I accidently installed the IDE drivers and my primary 60GB drive showed up fine, but my two 160s didn't. No matter what I did. Uninstalling the driver worked, but the Windows default driver wouldn't reinstall upon rebooting and the only way to get the controller to work again was by reinstalling Windows.

Talk about a HUGE pain in the ass.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 05:12 AM   #14
GamblerFEXonlin
polygons are fun!

Send a message via ICQ to GamblerFEXonlin

I also have storage problems with my 6100/MCP51 board Asus K8N-VM nForce 4 410

1. 6100/MCP51 doesn't seem to support NCQ. It's a very new board/chipset, what is going on??? (I need NCQ in my server or it gets veeerrryy slow when I work with large files)

2. I couldn't burn with my Samsung Writemaster SATA DVD-RW and if I tried to copy files from the drive I would BSOD.

3. I went into Control Panel - Add Remove programs and uninstalled the nVidia IDE drivers and everything is OK!.

I never encountered file corrutions on either of SATA or IDE HDs with nVidia IDE drivers.

I initially bought a ATI Radeon Xpress board from MSI but returnet it because it had very high CPU usage and low transfer speeds with a Gigabit Ethernet PCI adapter.

http://jooh.no/radeon_xpress_200.html

I'll most likely return this Asus K8N-VM too even if it's only a driver issue. Last time I waited for a driver fix I ended up waiting a year, several drivers no fix!

Is there a VIA board out there that has good PCI performance and SATA NCQ?
GamblerFEXonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 11:25 AM   #15
grey_1

Maximum PC ( I wish I still had the issue) reported this as a problem with the newest Maxtor drives. This was only 2-3 months ago. According to them maxtor was addressing the problem. My wd's have been fine *knocks on wood* Good luck with it.