Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-26-06, 05:58 AM   #1
cs-cam

Default Lanparty nF4-SLI DR Karajan audio - no sound output

Hey all,

I recently built a computer for myself with a DFI Lanparty nF4-SLI DR motherboard but the audio module doesn't seem to be working properly. I was pretty comfortable with installing drives, RAM and PCI devices but this was the first computer I put together from scratch so there's an idea of my skill level. I snapped the Karajan audio module into the motherboard before installing it in the case and I didn't run in to any dramas. I decided to plug the front audio I/O into the Karajan module before I booted it just to get that out of the road.

I'm a linux user, booted and I couldn't get any audio output at all from the back after installing the nForce drivers and disabling ALSA. Oddly, the front I/O port worked just fine. I thought that was weird so I pulled out an old drive and installed Windows and all the Forceware drivers etc the were on the mobo CD and got similar results. The front I/O worked fine but plugging directly into the Karajan module got me (almost) nothing. This time I got output from the Rear plug on the back which I figured was a step in the right direction but still no love. I thought maybe I installed the Karajan module or front I/O wires wrong so I removed the plug for the front I/O and pulled the Karajan module off, checked none of the pins were bent etc but it all looked fine. Plugged it back in without the front I/O but same as before.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? I'm not the worlds biggest audiophile so I'd rather not buy a seperate sound card when the onboard stuff should be ample for my needs

If anyone has any suggestions, maybe something else I could try I'd appreciate it!

Thanks
cs-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 03:48 PM   #2
Absolution
AbsoUI

Default Re: Lanparty nF4-SLI DR Karajan audio - no sound output

I had a similar problem (no sound output) and the way I fixed it was that I had the front case jumpers connected incorrectly and when I connected them correctly, it fixed the problem. That's all I've got
Absolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 05:58 PM   #3
cs-cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution
That's all I've got
Heh thanks, it's better than nothing At the moment I've removed all the front panel connectors but I'll have a go at reconnecting them etc and see if it helps.
Old 03-26-06, 11:20 PM   #4
cs-cam

Awesome, that worked I pulled them all off and swapped the front output from Line_Output_Front on the Karajan module to Line_Output and now everything works, thanks for the suggestion!