Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-06, 12:31 AM   #1
Digital_Trans
 
Digital_Trans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,796
Default Half Life 2 64-Bit download help.

Where can I download Half Life 2 64-Bit? I'm running Windows XP x64 and am seeking to patch my current Half Life 2 32-Bit version to the 64-Bit version.

Last edited by Digital_Trans; 04-05-06 at 12:59 AM.
Digital_Trans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 02:23 AM   #2
ew2x4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 187
Default Re: Half Life 2 64-Bit download help.

It will update on its own.
ew2x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 02:32 AM   #3
Wolfhound
Moving to new home
 
Wolfhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,358
Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound
Default Re: Half Life 2 64-Bit download help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
Where can I download Half Life 2 64-Bit? I'm running Windows XP x64 and am seeking to patch my current Half Life 2 32-Bit version to the 64-Bit version.

It updates automaticly when your windows version is detected
__________________
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel


Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 02:40 PM   #4
Digital_Trans
 
Digital_Trans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,796
Default Re: Half Life 2 64-Bit download help.

Well, folks I went back to Windows XP Pro 32-Bit due to the lack of driver support for printers and other video games. I'll just wait for Windows Vista
to come out before I take another 64-Bit plunge.
Digital_Trans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 01:33 AM   #5
j0j081
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,789
Default Re: Half Life 2 64-Bit download help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
Well, folks I went back to Windows XP Pro 32-Bit due to the lack of driver support for printers and other video games. I'll just wait for Windows Vista
to come out before I take another 64-Bit plunge.
what video games couldn't you get to work? and at this date not too many people are having trouble finding there drivers.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 08:26 PM   #6
SavagePaladin
info*****
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,395
Default Re: Half Life 2 64-Bit download help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
Well, folks I went back to Windows XP Pro 32-Bit due to the lack of driver support for printers and other video games. I'll just wait for Windows Vista to come out before I take another 64-Bit plunge.
Well, driver support for Vista will probably be slow to start out also. Although not as slow, since it's a consumer OS. The same games that have problems on XP x64 will have problems in Vista, as far as copy protection driver crap at any rate. (Yay Starforce...sigh. Companies can be so stupid about things.)

I don't know if the 32>64 emulation is different. I've heard it's improved, mind you, I just don't know any details.

I'm on Vista build 5342...I have no audio drivers currently, but if I did I rarely go back to XP x64 (I've used x64 since May 2005...) ever again
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 11:24 PM   #7
Digital_Trans
 
Digital_Trans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,796
Default Re: Half Life 2 64-Bit download help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0j081
what video games couldn't you get to work? and at this date not too many people are having trouble finding there drivers.

Well, for starters I couldn't play BF2, Quake 4, Oblivion. This partly is due to me having the lastest and greatest hardware "BFG 7900 GTX OC SLI" When I went to nVidia's website, I noticed that there wasn't any current driver support for the 7900 series for x64 But, there was support for the 7800 series. Anyway, in time I'm sure they will release the newer drivers for the 7900 series..mean time I'll just wait it out.
Digital_Trans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 11:25 PM   #8
Digital_Trans
 
Digital_Trans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,796
Default Re: Half Life 2 64-Bit download help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavagePaladin
Well, driver support for Vista will probably be slow to start out also. Although not as slow, since it's a consumer OS. The same games that have problems on XP x64 will have problems in Vista, as far as copy protection driver crap at any rate. (Yay Starforce...sigh. Companies can be so stupid about things.)

I don't know if the 32>64 emulation is different. I've heard it's improved, mind you, I just don't know any details.

I'm on Vista build 5342...I have no audio drivers currently, but if I did I rarely go back to XP x64 (I've used x64 since May 2005...) ever again
I'll wait it out a couple of more months and try it again.
Digital_Trans is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-06, 12:08 AM   #9
SavagePaladin
info*****
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,395
Default Re: Half Life 2 64-Bit download help.

Yeah NVIDIA stopped releasing the x64 drivers side by side with the 32 ones...
Coincidentally, my x64 box started acting up on certain games, and I wonder if it's related.

(Well, all three OSes are actually on the same box, but hey.)
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legit Half Life 3 concept arts leaked AthlonXP1800 Gaming Central 5 06-29-12 03:27 AM
For scientists seeking extraterrestrial life, Kepler probe is step one News Archived News Items 0 06-05-12 06:10 PM
German ISP claims to deliver 4.7Gbps download speed in field test News Archived News Items 0 06-01-12 05:50 AM
The Morning Download: Life Without Data News Archived News Items 0 05-15-12 08:10 AM
download problem with linux NVIDIA driver packages Timo NVIDIA Linux 7 07-31-02 09:22 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.