Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-10-06, 02:55 AM   #1
Superfly
Retired

Default Important Update from Tweakguides.com

Quote:

Quote:
No sooner had I mentioned that I quietly update the Oblivion Tweak Guide regularly for minor additions (see below) than it turns out there's an important update worth drawing your attention to. It seems I made a mistake in my advice about the bPreemptivelyUnloadCells variable in the guide. Based on further experimentation, particularly on systems with higher iPreloadSizeLimit and cell buffer variable values, it needs to be set to 0 to fully take advantage of those settings. Check Page 9 of the guide for the updated info. On my system this change has made things amazingly smooth. So basically for all systems except perhaps those with 512MB of RAM, bPreemptivelyUnloadCells should be set to 0. Apologies for the mixup, be sure to spread the word on this.
Old 04-10-06, 09:30 AM   #2
Superfly
Retired

Default Re: Important Update from Tweakguides.com

just tested it - seems to help a lot.
Old 04-10-06, 03:47 PM   #3
Proff

Where is this setting bPreemptivelyUploadCells located? I can't find it in my ini. any where.
Proff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-06, 04:38 PM   #4
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

bah mine was already at 0 im so tired of this crap performance i get.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-06, 04:46 PM   #5
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD
bah mine was already at 0 im so tired of this crap performance i get.
yeh its a shame we have to go to all this trouble for a few extra FPS, still i'll be finished with the game in a week or so - after that I dont care.