Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-15-06, 09:13 AM   #1
Chris244

Default Programming Multiheaded OpenGL with NVIDIA and ATI

I have a machine with dual PCIe slots. I have an ATI card in one and a NVIDIA card in another.

Is it possible to configure the X server such that I can get fully hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering to each card from the same program (that I write)?

I would like to understand the runtime architecture of the X server and the OpenGL drivers from NVIDIA/ATI better, specifically how these components would interact with my program at runtime. It seems like NVIDIA and ATI each provide libraries (GL and GLX implementations) that might interfere with the operation of the other. I have been unable to track this information down, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

On Windows, the system arbitrates access to the OpenGL drivers, it will choose the appropriate driver based on where the window is located. I am able to write a Windows program that can render to both cards in an accelerated fashion. Can I do this on Linux?

Thanks,

Chris
Chris244 is offline   Reply With Quote