|04-15-06, 02:16 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fedora Core 5 and Twinview
(1) I installed Fedora Core 5 on two AMD64 PCs, with
kernel 2.6.15 -1.2054_FC5 and X 7.0.0
(2) I have dual-VGA Nvidia cards
(a) GeForce FX 5700 LE (AGP) on the first computer
(b) GeForce FX 5500 (PCI bus) on the second computer
Both work ok with the "nv" driver supplied with Fedora Core 5, but only with a single monitor.
(3) I badly need TWINVIEW displays. With the GeForce 5700 LE, this worked ok under Fedora Core 3 (Kernel 2.6.9 -1.667) with the "nvidia" driver installed through the Nvidia install file
using an Xorg.conf file for Twinview.
(4) But the latest Nvidia install files
do not work with my Fedora Core 5 system.
They offer to download a file from the Nvidia FTP server, but I cannot do that since my Linux machnies have not Internet connection (I am, unfortunately on AOL!). Another alternative is to modify the kernel, but I do not feel up to that.
(5) I can doenload files via Windows and transfer them to Linux, but which file? and what will I do with them? And would that work under Fedora Core 5?
Or must I simply wait until there is a new .run installer for Fedora Core 5? Will there be one?
I should be very grateful for any help or advice on this.
Prof. G.A. Korn (Univ of Arizona)
|04-15-06, 03:07 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Re: Fedora Core 5 and Twinview
So, this thread isn't really about twinview, but rather an installation issue. Installation under FC5 has been discussed in several threads already, you'll need to update your kernel to the latest available, and of course complete the installation of the drivers. It doesn't say that it'll modify your kernel, read the message again.
Asus A8N32-SLI : AMD64 3700+ @ 2.85GHz : 2GB PC4000 OCZ Platinum EB : 2x 7800GT SLI
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Twinview?||ghorsepower||NVIDIA Linux||2||10-11-02 01:46 PM|
|XF86Config for a Quadro4 without TwinView?||Twirlip||NVIDIA Linux||1||10-09-02 11:36 AM|
|Suse Linux 8.0 - Geforce 4 TwinView||TA00||NVIDIA Linux||8||08-30-02 04:24 AM|
|Twinview with TV-out||karlaugust||NVIDIA Linux||10||08-28-02 05:20 PM|
|How do I configure TwinView on Dell Inspiron||rutgerclaes||NVIDIA Linux||6||08-01-02 04:20 AM|