Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-15-06, 05:03 PM   #1
th0rgal

Default hotkey switch broken with 8756

Hello,

I have been using driver 7174 for quite a while now because that was the only version that worked after some patching for suspend-resume (S3) and kernel module building issues. Hotkey switching (no twinview mode) is working nicely. I am using a Dell Latitude 800 with a GeForce Go 4400 (or something like that) with debian unstable as my primary OS.

I tried the latest driver release (8756). Everything worked fine without patching except the hotkey switch. I don't really like twinview because you either have to start X with both displays hooked or specify artificially in xorg.conf what display types are hooked. I much prefer the hotkey switching because you don't have to specify or hook anything before X starts.

Does anyone out there also have problems with hotkey switch between displays with the newest driver release ?
th0rgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-06, 08:19 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: hotkey switch broken with 8756

This is a known bug in 1.0-8756. A workaround is available for this problem, by using TwinView with NULL metamodes. Please search for the discussion in the other threads on this forum where the issue has already been discussed.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote