Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-24-06, 03:31 AM   #1
thequux

Question A request and a question

The question first:

Is there any way to get the NVidia installer to compile things to be installed in the ususal locations, but then, when actually, installing them, stick them somewhere else?

(IE: have them configured to be installed in /usr, but then actually install the files in /var/pkg/nvidia-glx-1.0.8756/usr, a la DESTDIR)

Then, the request:

Is there any way to get an accelerated fbdev driver that can be loaded at the same time as the proprietary driver? I would write it myself, but I am having a heck of a time figuring out what all of the parameters in the source do, and I don't have any sample code that uses it directly.

In addition, I am working on a project to do something similar to Xgl, but without X (specifically, a fully 3-D environment with program interfaces being represented as rooms or objects, rather than windows.) However, to get the performance that thiss will demand, the open source drivers won't cut it, and I don't have a low-level interface to the closed source ones.

Anyways, the DESTDIR support is the most critical; it's the ony thing blocking me from creating a package for the drivers (for a new distro)

--TheQuux
thequux is offline   Reply With Quote