Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-09-06, 05:44 AM   #1
Azuryth

Default Virtual Consoles hopping screens after X runs

I'm running Ubuntu on a laptop with a 7800 go card. I'm guessing the laptop screen is one output of the card and the dvi port at the back is the second output. When the machine boots, the laptop screen is active and the bootup splash and boot information is displayed. If I prevent X starting, I can access all the virtual consoles (Ctrl+Alt+F1-6) on the laptop screen. However once X starts, if I try to switch to a virtual console it is displayed to the dvi port and I am looking at a blank laptop screen. Likewise for shutdown information once the X session is complete.

I've tried various Ubuntu versions (Breezy, Dapper) and both the packaged and the nvidia binary versions of the nvidia drivers. It occurs both when I have the xorg.conf set for single and twinview display. I've attached a zip on the logfile for more details.

I'm hoping someone has some suggestions as to what I need to look into to keep the consoles on my laptop screen.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nvidia-bug-report.log.zip (23.2 KB, 122 views)
Azuryth is offline   Reply With Quote