Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-08-06, 01:06 AM   #73
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA
Default Re: Why isn't the NVnews logo green?

Seriously guys that dude has severe problem with trying "get it". He just doesn't seem to. On these forums and even in irc in the past. Why? That's really open for debate...here are a few reasons
1) Dropped on his head when a baby
2) Massive chip on shoulder
3) Kicked in the head by some farm animal
4) Thinks MikeC owes him something for something...?
5) Thinks he is l33t by his continual ban evasion after being banned for reasons above...

any more?
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 01:25 AM   #74
superklye

He's really "smart." So smart in fact, he makes fun of people's grammar spelling and in the same post, makes NUMEROUS spelling and grammar mistakes of his own.

Douchebaggish hypocrisy/idiocy ftw!
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-06, 04:13 PM   #75
evilchris

Haha this thread owns, mod attack! =)
Old 04-10-06, 04:27 PM   #76
keith33
Is Alive!

Send a message via MSN to keith33

The Mods Strike Back! (makes reference to CaptNKill's light-saber fight thread)

Muya: You forgot the most probable explanation, he went to his high school prom with his right hand and it didn't give him any that night.
Mobile: HTC Touch Cruise
keith33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 08:04 AM   #77
npras42
Hi Everybody!

I've only just seen this thread, and aside from the idiot who tried to ruin it, its time to get it back on topic:

Is there any chance of some changes being made to the website?

I've never ever ran anything like this so I don't know how much time it takes, but even if it does take time, there are so many knowledgeable people on these forums.

Mike, will you not let someone else do a re-design for the site? I'm sure someone on here is talented enough and has the time to do it. It will obviously still take a bit of your time because it means you're going to need to do the background (contacting NVidia for permission and checking progress/giving feedback for example) but its definitely worth it.

Things I'd love to see:
1) New logo - with all due respect to whoever created the original one, its pretty old-fashioned now.
2) Forum colour scheme and buttons overhaul (perhaps a light scheme and dark scheme). Also, a bit cutting down. There is room put to waste on the pages meaning they are quite a bit larger than they need to be. An overhaul might actually speed the place up a bit!
npras42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 07:23 PM   #78
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by npras42
It will obviously still take a bit of your time because it means you're going to need to do the background (contacting NVidia for permission and checking progress/giving feedback for example) but its definitely worth it.
We don't need permission from NVIDIA for anything regarding this website.

You have some good ideas as have others. It does come down to a matter of time though.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 07:27 PM   #79
MikeC
Administrator

Someone is working on a site refresh but it will take some time. I am not interested in making the site look like NVIDIA. They have their own sites and we have our own identity.

Explain what you mean with #2 please. A bit cutting down?
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 07:45 PM   #80
Clay

By cutting down I think he means to look at reducing the HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc. We could obfuscate the CSS and JS or even compress with gzip. Doing so introduces it's own level of tedium at times though.

Old 04-13-06, 08:59 AM   #81
npras42
Hi Everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
Someone is working on a site refresh but it will take some time. I am not interested in making the site look like NVIDIA. They have their own sites and we have our own identity.

Explain what you mean with #2 please. A bit cutting down?
Yeah, well you're right and I totally agree. nVnews should have its own identity... by permission I meant if you were to use that logo that keith33 creted.
npras42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-06, 09:05 PM   #82
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by npras42
Yeah, well you're right and I totally agree. nVnews should have its own identity... by permission I meant if you were to use that logo that keith33 creted.
Ahhh ok, gotcha.
Old 04-14-06, 03:20 PM   #83
killahsin

I make the worst spelling and typos of any of the posters here. And probably have the most grammatically incorrect posts on the whole interweb! The funniest part is thats not a joke. Yet, i am a very, very educated man. I myself have been a fan of nvnews for a long, long time. Since my geforce1-geforce2 gts transition i believe. Everytime I had an issue with a game I got my answers here with no flames. nobody ever talked down to me, or called me stupid because I didn't know such and such driver fixed the problem. This has to be one of the fastest sites on the net in terms of forum speed. Yet it's the most non monetary site. The people here who 'work' for nvnews do it out of passion. A passion for the games industry and video cards. Not just nvidia ones. Part of the reason this site is so quick is because of design. Second is because of servers. So I for one could care less if they ever change the layout, as I'm here for the PEOPLE not the *.gifs. I don't know mikeC, all I know is that some of the best discussions i have ever had, have been had here, and in irc with wish and muya.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 05:25 PM   #84
m3talc0re
Life Sux

Send a message via AIM to m3talc0re Send a message via MSN to m3talc0re Send a message via Yahoo to m3talc0re

Well, if keith is helping with a new theme for the site and all, I'd be glad to help with graphics. I havn't been here long enough to be trusted with privilages into the forums cp, but I could help with graphics. Hit me up on one of my messengers if you're interested. Not asking for any payment just to be clear on that.

Oh, and I'm a Rage3D'er... I'm not baised so I found this site to register and talk crap on too :P

"The real hell is your life gone wrong."
I miss my comps
Help me get my Main Rig back!
m3talc0re is offline   Reply With Quote