Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-13-06, 07:20 AM   #49
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
u should have cybered wtih her. it woLud have been 1337.
that "her" probably being a 15 year old boy, because ALL NE chicks are 15 year old boys. I think Ill stick with the real thing....it feels a bit better, heh.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 12:16 PM   #50
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
OK, yeah it is weird Zelda, but do you honestly think that making fun of people and continuously talking down to them does anything except make them feel like crap and make you look like an asshole? Seriously man, who needs to get a life more, the guy that does some "odd" things online while playing a game (its all entertainment right?) or the guy that spends all night putting those people down for no good reason?

Come on man. Its one thing to say "ehh... thats weird, you shouldnt let yourself get that involved". Its another thing entirely to post 15 messages telling them how pathetic they are.

Get over it.

Holy f***.
Yeah, I'm spending all night talking down to this guy....

What really happened is I got into a bit of an argument with him. All these posts that I wrote in this topic took maybe 5 - 10 mintues of my life?

If someone responds back to me telling me what I'm saying is innappropriate, I'm gonna respond back. That's sort of what we do on a internet forum
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 02:10 PM   #51
Athena
spirit filled

Most people wold say spending so much time in a online forum posting about silly stuff is for losers but we do not need to go that far.

Just hacking on ya man. lighten up this is for fun here its not your life or our life.

I hope.
Old 06-13-06, 02:22 PM   #52
Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
Thanks for trying to insult me. Nice trolling attempt.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...TgwMDk4Wj.html

All those wierdos what are we going to do they're NOT normal. What is the world coming to. All those sociologists doing the research what are they going to do. Obviously these people aren't normal because parts and zelda say so!
Im not saying meeting people on a game is weird.

I have my own experience with it.

Last year I met a girl on WoW and we met offline on two occasions, me being from Canada and her from the USA, but we never did any cybering or any non IN PERSON things, because we both believed that it was unhealthy and weird, and if we did do stuff like that I think it wouldve been really awkward when we met in person... so I just never had any desire to partake in that kind of thing anyway, some of what it says in that article applies to it aswell, we talked a lot in chat, then started using teamspeak and the phone to talk and yeah, eventually said those 3 words "I love you" to each other before we actually met.

When she came to see me we had the greatest time and all was looking well, but when I went to see her, things turned out not so great in the end.

I'll tell you one thing, i'll never do anything like that ever again, meeting someone from online that is, and it has nothing to do with what ive been saying is "weird".

I havent played any MMO's since.
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 03:13 PM   #53
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Yeah, I'm spending all night talking down to this guy....

What really happened is I got into a bit of an argument with him. All these posts that I wrote in this topic took maybe 5 - 10 mintues of my life?

If someone responds back to me telling me what I'm saying is innappropriate, I'm gonna respond back. That's sort of what we do on a internet forum
Oh, Im not saying theres anything wrong with arguing or trying to prove a point, it just seems a bit childish and inconsiderate to talk down to people and make fun of them in almost every post you make in that argument.

Seriously dude, if you want to act like a hard ass and tell people they are losers because they do weird things in MMOs rather than go out and "get laid", more power to ya, just dont expect anything good to come of it around here. All it does is upset the people you're making fun of and irritate everyone else.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 04:24 PM   #54
killahsin

Quote:
I could humiliate you and make a poll asking if people who "cyber with warcraft babes" are losers. But I don't think I need to go that far.

20 couples, out of the millions of MMORPG subscribers. Yeah, that's a real convincing stat. Because you know, if .001% of the people do it - it's normal.

humiliate me? Why would that be humiliating to me? are you trying to insinuate that because I have stated that there are actual sociology discussions about people 'hooking up' in mmos that I somehow cyber with every female in wow? Also you will notice that they stated that is couples who got married in game and outside of the game, and thats how the publisher knew, because they assisted in the online weddings. Secondly the stat you quoted is the small one the large one is 50 million people are playing mmos, and 30 % of them are women 39% of those women have dated someone from an mmo they met. That is the stat I am refering to. But because I try to make this an educational, intelligent discussion you again try to insinuate things and resort to trying to ridicule me now. Thank you for playing.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote