Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-06, 07:54 AM   #13
irondog

Default Re: Why NVIDIA should already have support for xorg-7.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk74m4
I'd also like to clear something up.. NVIDIA's drivers *already* support AIGLX (Accelerated Indirect GLX), and have done so for quite some time (ages before the open-source drivers supported it in fact).

GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap has nothing to do with it.
Nope. The pixmap to texture extension is needed for AIGLX and this has not been implemented yet.

Quote:
Also.. It's not all about gaming.. It's also about desktop performance..
Forget about AIGLX for a while. This thing isn't mature and there are no fully functional window and composite managers to make use of it yet. The only thing that really needs to show-up now is a 7.1 compatible driver, because right now the whole Linux desktop is broken on NVIDIA.
Old 08-23-06, 08:00 AM   #14
Thunderbird

Default Re: Why NVIDIA should already have support for xorg-7.1

Various people in this thread gave good answers and behaved correctly. Some are complaining and whining and are changing the thread in a whining/flamewar-like thread. Because of this I'm closing it.
Closed Thread