Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-06, 01:17 AM   #1
LycosV

Default Convert XviD with VBR audio to wmv?

I'm trying to play video using my X-Box 360 as a Media Extender, unfortunatly using this technique only certain video formats are supported. I'm trying to convert an XviD to wmv or mpg so that I can at least try it through the extender but the problem I'm running into seems to be caused by the Variable Bitrate of the XviD file. That's causing an error with all of the video conversion programs I've tried, including Microsoft's video encoder. Does anyone know of a program that will allow me to OUTPUT wmv files from VBR XviD files? There are a whole lot of programs to go the other way (including virtualdub). Maybe I just need some sort of 3rd party wmv encoding codec, but I can't find anything like that either. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-06, 06:19 AM   #2
jolle

Default Re: Convert XviD with VBR audio to wmv?

As long as you have the codecs Windows Media Encoder should get the job done I would imagine, checked with G-spot that you got the codecs used?
Other then that I dunno, often use WME to convert audiobooks for my MP3 player, and occational renderoutput for webviewing.. a pretty handy tool IMO.