Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-28-06, 04:20 AM   #1
ChrisNiemy

Default Where to get binary kernel source for 1.0-8774 (like nvidia-kernel-source package)

Hallo everybody!

I'm using Debian/Ubuntu with customized kernel. So from the repositories I installed the nvidia-kernel-source packages, which provides a binary kernel source, from which one can build a module.

My question is: Where can I get something comparable for the new driver version (1.0-8774)? Essentially this is no problem, I'm just interested.
Or so to say: From what do the debian and ubuntu maintainers made this package nvidia-kernel-source? It only provides a tar.gz-File which you have to extract and dann make a module from it, with the kernel headers.

I searched long time on ftp://download.nvidia.com/ but found nothing for the recent driver.

Woul be happy, if someone can help me. Thanks!!

Regards,
Chris

EDIT: Of course, I could wait till it is updated in the debian repositories or so, but I'm sure such a package is provided by nvidia on the ftp server and I'm just too blind to find it.
ChrisNiemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-06, 06:06 AM   #2
zander
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Where to get binary kernel source for 1.0-8774 (like nvidia-kernel-source package

The .run installer packages include the files you're looking for; you can extract the packages with the --extract-only command line option - the source for the shim layer will be in the usr/src/nv directory relative to the directory created when a .run package is extracted.
zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-06, 10:12 AM   #3
ChrisNiemy

Default Re: Where to get binary kernel source for 1.0-8774 (like nvidia-kernel-source package

Hi!

Thanks a lot!! Exaclty what I was looking for.

And thanks for the new driver. (can't wait for texture_from_pixmaps the next time )

best regards,
Chris
ChrisNiemy is offline   Reply With Quote