Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-14-03, 01:02 PM   #13
euan
Fully Qualified FanATIc

Quote:
Originally posted by Solomon

From what I learn. They want only what they want, ATi or Nvidia. You post something that they don't like, they will tell you to take it down or whatever. But when you email them asking for information, etc... They never return the emails. Kinda one sided eh?

Cool!, Apart from leaked drivers and MMC, got any dirty washing to spill?
euan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 01:21 PM   #14
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Solomon
But what do I know, I'm just a trouble maker! Hehehehe.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com
Do me a favor? STAY THAT WAY!

The world needs a whole lot more 'trouble makers' like you.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 01:33 PM   #15
emailthatguy

so let me get this straight. the one site thats been here forever, dedicated to giving its readers nvidia news is getting the shaft from nvidia for asking questions?

if this is true, nvidia has some major explaining to do. if they take a dump on us. theyll find us turning into the most rabid and angry users theyve ever seen.

ive put up w/ so much crap trying to get my fx. ive hung in there, knowing flat out its slower. ive hung in there for them and have continued to.

ill give them till the end of the day to sort this out w/ you guys or im flat out cancelling my order tonight and getting an ati.

i encourage everyone to do the same....

IF THATS THE CASE. if im misunderstanding something please lemme know and ill call off my angry user mode =p.

but if this is whats really going down. i encourage everyone to do the same. if they cant support us, the REAL nvidia fans that have stuck in and supported them through thick and thin then i say screw them and the horse they rode in on.
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
emailthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 01:46 PM   #16
muzz

Now that^^^^^^^ is a riled-up wiseas$......
Old 03-14-03, 01:47 PM   #17
emailthatguy

am i minunderstanding this muzz? is nvidia giving nvnews the shaft?
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
Old 03-14-03, 01:50 PM   #18
muzz

I dunno bruh....... maybe you should PM mike or someone like that....
Old 03-14-03, 01:51 PM   #19
emailthatguy

i hope someone will reply to this thread and clear this up. if they cant care about us. who exactly do they care about?
Old 03-14-03, 02:14 PM   #20
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by emailthatguy
i hope someone will reply to this thread and clear this up. if they cant care about us. who exactly do they care about?
nVidia. Don't it give you a fuzzy-warm feeling all over?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 03-14-03, 02:17 PM   #21
emailthatguy

digital:

you been here longer than most guys. wtf is your take on whats going on here?
Old 03-14-03, 02:38 PM   #22
Typedef Enum

I'll give you my opinion...take it for what it's worth.

Consumers, ultimately, have the potential to make these guys listen...It only makes sense, no? I mean, if everybody stops buying their products, they will take notice...and if they've got any clue, they will strongly consider making the necessary changes to get back on track.

I wouldn't mind seeing nVidia "suffer" for a while...until they get back to doing what they used to do best...innovate, design, execute, etc.

I will be purchasing a 9800 Pro as soon as it becomes available. I'm not doing it just to make a point; rather, it simply will be the best thing going, bar none. In addition, I hope my small contribution towards ATI (and hence, one less sale for nVidia) will make a difference.

Anyhow, you can decide what you want to do...I'm just tellin' ya that nVidia has been serious but-heads for the last year...for all intents and purposes, they were the single reason why I felt compelled to slowly withdraw from contributing to this website. I just couldn't stand the slothyness that they were pulling.
Typedef Enum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 02:44 PM   #23
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by emailthatguy
digital:

you been here longer than most guys. wtf is your take on whats going on here?
Truly? I think I'm glad I don't work here right now!

Seriously, it wouldn't be a fun spot to be in. As bad as I think nVidia is, I'm pretty sure the actual people who deal with the staff here are pretty cool people who don't actually have full control over what they do/say since they are actually employees. But I wouldn't doubt for a second that some of the staff here and some nVidia employees are actually friends from years of corresponding and such and it would be a DAMNED akward position to be in right now!

I think the folks around here are between a rock and a hard-place right now, and somehow they're managing to keep their heads above water and not lose their integrity. (Yeah, I know...mixed metaphor. Blame it on Friday. )

I'm sure nVidia is pressuring, but I'm also sure that nVnews is standing up well to the pressure and sticking to their principles.

It's an nVidia fansite, it's GOING to have an nVidia bias...but that doesn't mean they're blind to reality either.

I like this place, it has too many knowledgable and creative people to hold their nVidia bias against 'em.

(OT but...How come I'm always labelled as an ATI fanboy? I still game only on me GF3? )
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 03-14-03, 03:22 PM   #24
Unit01

I have no idea

Edit: BTW typedef enum
Have you received any reply since your last e-mail?
Anyone think they will start to talk to the community once nv35 arrive?
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote