Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-12-03, 01:34 PM   #13
Badash

Hey since it has 16x AA does that mean it's a Quardo driver?
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, silver twinplex, alphacool mosfets
X-FI Fat
WD Raptor 74GB/Aquadrive
Coolermaster Stacker 830 3/8" tubing
PCP&C 510w SLI
2405FPW 24"
42" Sony Plasma
Boston 5.1
Badash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-03, 01:36 PM   #14
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFish7
hmmm can you (volt and any ppl, who own a geforce5) post scores of the benches against the "older" 43.45 drivers?

one important thing i would like to know is, whether they have changed the reading in the nature(directx 9.0,PS2.0) test (the reading method 32, 16,12).

thanks in advance.

Alex.
I do not own a GeForce FX. You might want to ask some other people that do
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-03, 02:00 PM   #15
digitalwanderer

Default A favor?

Could someone wake me up when they come out with the 9x/me version? Thanks.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-03, 02:13 PM   #16
The Baron

Wait, you're telling me we're still supposed to care about people who use those POS OSes?

Yes. I hate XP. But I hate 9x a LOT more.
Old 04-12-03, 02:23 PM   #17
BigFish7
Nvidia

Send a message via ICQ to BigFish7 Send a message via MSN to BigFish7

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
I do not own a GeForce FX. You might want to ask some other people that do
Rofl sorry volt i meant to say jAkUp and not you .
(i've remembered the post in which ppl said :"you must have a geforcefx that's why you ain't telling us its performance")
anyways my mistake sorry can't stop laughing

so jAkUp give us/me some data about it .
Thanks.

Alex.

Last edited by BigFish7; 04-13-03 at 03:09 AM.
BigFish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-03, 02:52 PM   #18
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Wait, you're telling me we're still supposed to care about people who use those POS OSes?
Oh man, now you've went and hurt my intraweb feelings....
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 04-12-03, 03:24 PM   #19
The Baron

Bubbles at least should be running XP... Crashes? What crashes? Well, what crashes as long as you aren't running anything. Better than 9x which just crashes after it's been on for x hours.
Old 04-12-03, 04:07 PM   #20
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Bubbles at least should be running XP... Crashes? What crashes? Well, what crashes as long as you aren't running anything. Better than 9x which just crashes after it's been on for x hours.
I usually keep a dual-boot 98se/XP on Bubbles, but after getting broadband I got squeezed for HD space and XP went. (I was getting rid of useless bloat, it was the first to go. )

I picked up an 80Gb Maxtor yesterday that should be here next week, I'll probably toss XP back on her then.

But in all honesty, I get MUCH better gaming in 98se still than in XP...even after tweaking XP pretty well. (I'm no expert, but I've pretty much got a handle on it now...I just refuse to convert) One thing I DID like a lot about XP was the ability to alt-tab out of games and check up on downloads and such...I think XP worked better for me when gaming & downloading and such.

BTW-98se is damn near rock-stable for me. It ain't unusual for me boxes to go for months without a re-boot. (Although I do tend to play with em changing things more often than that. )
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 04-12-03, 05:02 PM   #21
DJB
Geezer Gamer

New performance,quality, application layout makes better sense to me.

Performace on a GF4 within 1-3% in most cases. Mostly increased. Increase in 3DMark03 if anyone cares.

Any visual anomolies I saw in the 43.45 set are gone in this set.
The FSAA issues are fixed in this set with no performance hit over the 43.35s.

Hard for me to completely judge OGL since I routinely use the Anisobooster OGL patch in RivaTuner, wich unfortunately does not work with the 43.51 drivers. Taking that into account, OGL performance seems slightly increased.

I think these drivers are keepers.

DJB
DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-03, 05:51 PM   #22
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by DJB
Any visual anomolies I saw in the 43.45 set are gone in this set.
The FSAA issues are fixed in this set with no performance hit over the 43.35s.
so the lighting problems people were reporting are gone?
Old 04-12-03, 06:30 PM   #23
Bigwave

They work fine for me on a G3, but so does almost every nvidia driver.
Bigwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-03, 06:53 PM   #24
silver24
"O" Yea!

Default Re: comeon results :p

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFish7
can you please post 3dmark(2k1 2k3) unrealT2 quake aquamark 2.3 codecreture and more benches ?
did they fix the "problem" with the missing objects in unreal 2?
what about the nature in 3dmark2k3 did they changed back to 32 format? or was it just a bug? please post ppl
something...

thanks alot.
alex.
The 43.45s fixed Unreal 2 for me.
XP 1600+ @ 1.698mz
WD 100gig 7200 HD
Creative 5x DVD
Creative 12x10x32 CD-RW
Santa Cruz SC
2x NEC MultiSync 17in Dis.
GF4 Ti4200 @ 305-600(Det.41.03)
TV Turner