Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-03, 03:00 AM   #1
The Punisher
nVidia GeForceFX 5900U

Default I really don't understand some people.

Why is it some of u ATI guys always have to step on us nVidia guys huh?? I mean is it "really" necessary that the damn graphics quality of your favorite games look absolutely fantastic when u're getting u're ass kicked by other players??? Is it really a must for a rocket or energy beam to be pixel perfect before it frags u into a million gibbles?? I mean, I understand that AA & AF does wonders to make your favorite games look better, but think of it this way. Most gamers (me included) on-line & off-line alike, really don't notice whether all of the lines in the scene are properly AAed or the textures & particles are properly AFed in the heat of multiplay. For people like me, if the game runs fine on Quincunx AA & 2 or 4x AF, I really don't give a flying one if its less beautiful than a freaking Radeon as long as I can get lag free play. You feel me???
Old 08-29-03, 03:01 AM   #2
5150 Joker
100% Certified nVidiot

Default Re: I really don't understand some people.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Punisher
Why is it some of u ATI guys always have to step on us nVidia guys huh?? I mean is it "really" necessary that the damn graphics quality of your favorite games look absolutely fantastic when u're getting u're ass kicked by other players??? Is it really a must for a rocket or energy beam to be pixel perfect before it frags u into a million gibbles?? I mean, I understand that AA & AF does wonders to make your favorite games look better, but think of it this way. Most gamers (me included) on-line & off-line alike, really don't notice whether all of the lines in the scene are properly AAed or the textures & particles are properly AFed in the heat of multiplay. For people like me, if the game runs fine on Quincunx AA & 2 or 4x AF, I really don't give a flying one if its less beautiful than a freaking Radeon as long as I can get lag free play. You feel me???
It matters if you are paying top dollar for an inferior product. 'Nuff said.

Desktop: DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR | AMD64 3000+@2.6ghz | Leadtek 7800 GTX | 2 GB Crucial PC3200 | 2x120 GB 8mb WD | Dell 2005FPW 20" LCD | Antec "TrueControl" v2 550w PSU | Lian Li PC75 modded case with H20 Cooling

Laptop: XPS Gen 2 | Samsung LCD | P-M 2.13 | nVidia 6800 Go Ultra | 2 GB DDR2 | 60GB 7200RPM HD | 8x DVD-RW/CD-RW| Dell Wireless 1450 a/b/g | Windows XP Home | 3 Yr Warranty/Complete Care.
Old 08-29-03, 03:08 AM   #3
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking Re: Re: I really don't understand some people.

Quote:
Originally posted by 5150 Joker
It matters if you are paying top dollar for an inferior product. 'Nuff said.
Exactly top of the GFFX cost 500$ yet gives worse results compared to top Radeon when you pay so much cash you would atleast expect best from both worlds performance for fragging games and quality for stareing at eye candy
Old 08-29-03, 03:19 AM   #4
bkswaney
Mr. Extreme!

Send a message via Yahoo to bkswaney

Flame batt. 3-2-1 closed.
15.6 inch HD WideScreen
Nvidia 8200M-G 895mb
2Gig system ram
250Gig SATA 5400rpm HDrive
Vista Premium
Old 08-29-03, 03:21 AM   #5
ChrisW
"I was wrong", said Chris

Default Re: I really don't understand some people.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Punisher
So, this is supposed to be some kind of argument in favor paying more money to purchasing a GFFX? Lower image quality for a higher price? Oh yeah, why didn't I think of this before. Perhaps there is something wrong with lowering the settings on a Radeon to match the low image image quality you prefer on your GFFX and getting more FPS for free? Instead of 4xfsaa on the GFFX, 2x is about the same on the Radeon and will give you far greater fps.
Old 08-29-03, 03:56 AM   #6
Blahblahblah

Oh i get it now. The FX maybe inferior to the 9800 but getting an FX will make you a better player so thats why you should get one !!
Old 08-29-03, 05:20 AM   #7
StealthHawk

I don't understand what the point of this post is. Is there something wrong with people pointing out flaws in a product? Presumably buyers want to be informed about their potential purchases, or whether they get what they pay for. The fact is that most people don't know about the differences between video cards.

Case in point, after the Tomb Raider benchmarks those not in the know were surprised by the results. All evidence thus far has showed these results to be a trend- nothing new.

If you own a gfFX and are happy with it, who cares what reality is or what other people say? Just ignore them. Telling people to stop saying what you don't want to hear makes absolutely no sense.

All I can really say is, if you don't care for IQ and don't think it is important, then maybe a high end card isn't for you. Midrange solutions can provide good speed without all the eye candy such as FSAA and AF and will save you money. If you don't use FSAA or AF, even a gf4 is a good buy and is plenty powerful.

Anyway, I can already see where this thread is going. And it ain't pretty. This thread is just crying for a flamewar to start.

Closed Thread