Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-20-03, 07:36 PM   #1
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Default Imperium Galactica 3...er...Galaxy Andromeda..er..Nexus is back on track for release!

Well, for those who haven't been paying attention to the news, the game first know as Imperium Galactica 3, which was then delay, which was then renamed, which was then delayed again, which was then canceled, which was then uncanceled, and which finally was renamed AGAIN (all in that order), has finally secured a publisher! The game's new name is Nexus, formally known as Galaxy Andromeda, formally known as Imperium Galactica 3, and a demo was released for it a few years ago (back when it was still called IG3).

Anyway, is anyone interested in it at all? I remember back when I played it, I was (and still am) amazed by the graphics. I think the game looks better then Homeworld 2, and the rolling demo movie looked like something you'd see on Star Wars. However, the combat was kinda confusing, and there wasn't really a way to directly control your units (just give them general orders and micromanage them). However, I'm still kinda happy that the game is finally set to come out. I'd like to see what the campeign will be like, and how the gameplay will be like in the final game. It does have an interesting combat system which is focused more on ship micromanagement then anything else, and some of the options were fairly fun (cut off life support and put full power to weapons? Sounds good to me, who needs a breathing crew when you have the most powerful gun in the universe). In any case, a space game that isn't just a carbon copy of Homeworld will be a refreshing change, and it should be good enough to spend at least a few hours on.

I just wonder if they'll keep the multi-monitor support in. This WAS supposed to be a demonstration of the advanced features the Parhelia had, after all
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-03, 11:38 PM   #2
LycosV

That game looked awesome! Great to hear it's back on track.

LycosV
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-03, 05:14 PM   #3
Yuet

I liked Imperium Galactica 2 and thought it was very good (both gameplay and graphic) at its time. I was anticipating IG3 and played the demo and thought it was good graphically(maybe gameplay but can't get much out of it from a demo). I was sad when I heard the game is canned, hope this time they don't do anything stupid and finally make the game come out.

SYS 2: ECS KN1 SLI Extreme, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2 x 512MB Corsair TWINX, Saphire HD3870
Yuet is offline   Reply With Quote