Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-23-02, 10:04 AM   #1
digitalwanderer

Exclamation I am NOT giving up on 40.xx drivers for 9x/me yet!

Ok, third thread lucky. Right?

I am NOT prepared to give up on the 40.xx drivers for 9x/me yet, and although all my whining threads keep seeming to get closed I'm gonna keep trying to open new ones in the hope that it can stay civil and on-topic. Can we PLEASE just talk about either how badly we want some 40.xx luvin for 9x/ME or ways to let nVidia know we want 'em? We know there's people out there who think that there are better OSs out there, and that there are people who think the 40.41s are so buggy for XP that we shouldn't even be wanting to try them; let's all consider these moot points to the discussion and not raise them...shall we?

Here's where the last thread left off on a productive note:

"I sent off an e-mail to Carrie Cowan myself just to try and make myself feel a bit more productive. I got her e-mail off of nViida's press relations page where there's a few other e-dress' as well....

If you folks wanna help, why not drop each of them a quick line?

Brian Burke is their desktop PR man, so he seems like fair game....and Derek Perez seems to be the big-cheese of their PR dept so he'd be good too.

Drop 'em a friendly note just asking what the status of their 40.xx win9x/me drivers...nothing nasty. Just a show of interest to let them know we care. "

Now the rules are simple: No spamming, one letter a day, and keep it nice/clean/friendly....but let's start mailing them to let them know we're getting a bit impatient here.

I haven't received any replies myself yet, I plan to mail out my second volley after lunch. (Hey, I'll give them the morning to reply. )

MODS: If'n you're closing threads because we're whining for the 40.xx 9x/me drivers please let me know and I'll quit opening new threads. I'm assuming you're closing the threads 'cause they detereorate into some XP/9x personality clashing.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-02, 10:46 AM   #2
DIMA

Send a message via ICQ to DIMA

Two more days m8!
DIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-02, 11:15 AM   #3
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by DIMA
Two more days m8!
2 more days till what? new 4x.xx drivers?!?!?! Oh please say yes
Old 09-23-02, 11:19 AM   #4
Gargr

Quote:
Originally posted by Gator

2 more days till what?
someone closes the thread
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-02, 12:37 PM   #5
digitalwanderer

Default LOL!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DIMA
Two more days m8!
Is that wishful speculation or did you hear something??? PLEASE give us something!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gargr

someone closes the thread

Yeah, that's sounds about right to me too....

EDITED BITS: Added stuff.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Last edited by digitalwanderer; 09-23-02 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-23-02, 02:09 PM   #6
Kev1

Talking I'm gonna keep using Win98....

Cause I like it I never have any problems and games run great

I am sure Nvidia will keep making Win98/ME drivers. I just don't see why they would stop. Tons (Maybe Millions) of gamers still use Win98. Heck, Win98 is still being sold at damn near any computer store you go to, and it ain't cheap

Yes, I too am waiting for some Det 40 and Win98 loving
Kev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-02, 03:29 PM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: I am NOT giving up on 40.xx drivers for 9x/me yet!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
MODS: If'n you're closing threads because we're whining for the 40.xx 9x/me drivers please let me know and I'll quit opening new threads.
If this were the reason your threads were closed, they would have been stopped a loooong time ago. Keep on whining - it's rather amusing I must say.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-02, 03:57 PM   #8
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: I am NOT giving up on 40.xx drivers for 9x/me yet!

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku

If this were the reason your threads were closed, they would have been stopped a loooong time ago. Keep on whining - it's rather amusing I must say.
Thanks Saturnotaku! As soon as I saw your name next to the thread my eyeballs immedietely snapped to the left looking for a lock on the little envelope image.

BTW-Does anyone know the proper etiquette for annoying a vendor without crossing that fine line into pestering? Is one e-mail a day overkill?
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 09-23-02, 09:10 PM   #9
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Re: Re: I am NOT giving up on 40.xx drivers for 9x/me yet!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Is one e-mail a day overkill?
If these people are reading your messages, then it probably is. I would say once every other day until your impatient Indiana butt is satisfied is more than sufficient. Perhaps with more of you 98 dinosaurs writing, it may umm..."motivate" them. Just make doubly certain that our boys and girls at NV don't rush these drivers out the door like they did with the current 40.41 set. Or else we're gonna be vewy mad at vuu.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-02, 10:31 PM   #10
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

(__|__)
Old 09-23-02, 10:37 PM   #11
Gargr

__|__
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-02, 01:06 AM   #12
digitalwanderer

Default Uhm, ok.

(Well I didn't really understand any of the other two pictures either...)
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]