Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-04-02, 07:00 AM   #1
terrax

Angry nvidia messing around my fonts

I don't know why, but when I install the nvidia module, and then load X. It appers to be normal, BUT!. Some fonts and when I start the console are very BIG!, I can't see anything for big font, the letters are huge! I dunno what it can be, hope you can help me...

When i use the normal nv module. The fonts are back to normal.
Old 12-04-02, 11:42 AM   #2
bwkaz

Would it be possible to post a screenshot? I'm not quite sure what you're seeing, and being able to see a screenshot (probably one of each -- one with the nvidia driver, and one with the nv driver) would help, I think.

It might also be a monitor DPI issue, where the "nv" driver doesn't detect the screen resolution properly (or doesn't use it, one of the two), so normally your DPI is smaller than it should be. The nvidia driver uses that information the right way, but sometimes it raises your DPI, which makes your fonts appear larger (I saw this problem on Mandrake 7.2 and 8.0 at least). What I did there was just made the fonts smaller (8pt instead of 12pt), but since I'm not quite sure if that's your problem, I'm not sure if that's the right way to fix it. I think a screenshot is really what's needed.
Registered Linux User #219692
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-02, 10:11 AM   #3
benhak

Arrow The same problem

I dont know why do you want to see screenshot. I have the same problem and it is very easy. Font in some applications (some webpages as well) is toooooooo big. You can not see anything else, only font. Big letters all over the screen. So big are they.
Old 12-20-02, 09:28 AM   #4
hirudo

Default Giant Fonts too

I have te same problem.
Red Hat 8 + GF2TI + NV -4.
After installing nvidia drivers, some fonts are about 10 times
bigger than normal. It's impossible to read many webpages. Same problems in other applications p.e. KDE Help. Ghostview doesn't start anymore, if trying to view a pdf.
Here's a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bildschirmfoto-2.png
Views:	188
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	665  
hirudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-02, 09:53 AM   #5
volt

Did you try changing the Text size ? (100%)
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-03, 04:59 PM   #6
ggattis

Default Same Problem

I am having the same problem with certain applications. The Konqueror Web Browser for instance. I have attached a screen shot. I've been trying to solve this for months with no success. I would appreciate any help that you might have to offer.
Best regards,
Gerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	konqueror2.png
Views:	126
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	3801  
ggattis is offline   Reply With Quote