Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-27-03, 11:24 AM   #25
Evildeus

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=501676
Doesn't work for me. Someone can put the figures for me?

Thx!
Old 03-27-03, 11:27 AM   #26
CurtMan

Anyone have real numbers other than just "doubled" and "tripled" claims. How does it affect performance in real games not just synthetic benches?
CurtMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-03, 11:33 AM   #27
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by incurable
As fast as 42.68 and no WHQL certification - if that's no hint at what's going on I don't know what is ... nVidia is very desperate indeed.

cu

incurable
That's sort of my opinion too....but I haven't had a chance to install these and play with them yet so I'm reserving judegement 'til I can see how they actually are.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-03, 11:37 AM   #28
Evildeus

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=501887 works fine for me
Old 03-27-03, 11:46 AM   #29
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
That's sort of my opinion too....but I haven't had a chance to install these and play with them yet so I'm reserving judegement 'til I can see how they actually are.

You mean thats what your hoping for right? :P

I dunno from what I have read about these benchmarks on futuremark forums is that they have been improved in the Image Quality Department, And they do perfectly in 3dmark2003, Aparently the Nature scene is rendering lighting correctly too.

Some of the GeforceFX users have been testing games and I have heard some good things so far, Just gonna have to wait and see.

Nvidias 41.09 Dets were not Certified at first either, Nvidia also has certified beta dets hidden around, So its not that Nvidia is incapable of getting certified dets.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-03, 11:48 AM   #30
tamattack

Quote:
Take the DX 9.0A release anyway you like. But it looks like this are gonna be the next certified drivers.
What makes you say that?!? NV doesn't even label these as WHQL candidates, which they did for the last set.
tamattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-03, 11:50 AM   #31
tamattack

Quote:
I doubt this is getting desperate, Nvidia always releases drivers on their website before they become Certified
Is that so? I though it was only in the past year that they've started releasing unofficial drivers on their website?

Better question is: are they ever going to release a WHQL driver?
tamattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-03, 11:59 AM   #32
SavagePaladin
info*****

better question is why do you care?

WHQL testing takes time and I'd rather have a set that was fully tested anyway released now because in the case of NV, I've had no issues since 40.41 or whatever that first det40 release was

And I recall seeing many NV drivers updated with WHQL versions later on
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-03, 12:09 PM   #33
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by tamattack
Is that so? I though it was only in the past year that they've started releasing unofficial drivers on their website?

Better question is: are they ever going to release a WHQL driver?
I've only owned an Nvidia product for the last year and half so my statement was subjective to what Nvidia has been doing as long as I've owned a Geforce 4,
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-03, 12:32 PM   #34
Ratchet
The Tool

Send a message via ICQ to Ratchet Send a message via MSN to Ratchet

has anyone tried these on anything other than 3DMark03? UT2k3 for example?
Ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-03, 12:36 PM   #35
prydah
WC3 - DOTA

Angry not whql certified??

dammit!!

my system works properly only with fricken whql certified drivers!!
i can put up with the crap from uncertified drivers but i'd rather not!!

so i guess i have to wait some more until nvidia comes out with drivers that r whql...

am i the only one waiting for new updated certified drivers?
will i have to wait forever?!?!!?

prydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-03, 12:41 PM   #36
Myrmecophagavir

Quote:
Nvidias 41.09 Dets were not Certified at first either, Nvidia also has certified beta dets hidden around, So its not that Nvidia is incapable of getting certified dets.
I thought 41.09 was never certified?
Myrmecophagavir is offline   Reply With Quote