Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-25-10, 01:44 PM   #13
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Battlefield 3 Won't Be "Consolized"...

So I guess we can expect BF3 to be the same console fail then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-10, 03:19 PM   #14
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Fact is Devs are becoming lazy and only care about one thing...money. What happened to taking pride in there work and being proud that they can produce a game that makes full use of the platform it is developed for, the onlt advantage that consoles have in this argument over PC's is that they get exclusives which is becoming more and more rare on the PC.
Well spoken.
Old 10-25-10, 10:35 PM   #15
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Make it BF2 with destructible environments, at least 80 player servers with updated graphics and leave it the hell alone...oh and fix the crap hitboxes too pls.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 02:53 AM   #16
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
Make it BF2 with destructible environments, at least 80 player servers with updated graphics and leave it the hell alone...oh and fix the crap hitboxes too pls.
Something like this yes, i'd see an optimized frostbite 2.0 engine with more attention to models+textures, also i think the lighting needs some work from bc2, it's way overexposed on some maps, a lower contrast setting and lowered bloom/hdr would be nice.

Also keep the weapon and accurace/spread handlings as it is now in bc2 but in BC3 and i'd be happy. The weapon feeling in bc2 is one of the best i've used, the hitbox and the delay isn't so noticable either, especially when u have a good ping.

Oh and plz, fix the darned anti-aliasing... as for now the AA in bc2 is horrible and almost non-existing even at high levels of AA and only the closest objects get noticable edge smoothing.
Old 10-26-10, 06:57 AM   #17
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Something like this yes, i'd see an optimized frostbite 2.0 engine with more attention to models+textures, also i think the lighting needs some work from bc2, it's way overexposed on some maps, a lower contrast setting and lowered bloom/hdr would be nice.

Also keep the weapon and accurace/spread handlings as it is now in bc2 but in BC3 and i'd be happy. The weapon feeling in bc2 is one of the best i've used, the hitbox and the delay isn't so noticable either, especially when u have a good ping.

Oh and plz, fix the darned anti-aliasing... as for now the AA in bc2 is horrible and almost non-existing even at high levels of AA and only the closest objects get noticable edge smoothing.
anti aliasing can be fixed by using NV Inspector and these compatabilty bits "0x000030C1"

worked 100% for me ...
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 07:19 AM   #18
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Better warm up for Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad. BF3 gonna be as bad as bad company 2.
Old 10-27-10, 05:18 AM   #19
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

I'll also believe this one when i play the game for myself. But at least they are giving us PC gamers a thought.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-10, 07:45 AM   #20
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
I'll also believe this one when i play the game for myself. But at least they are giving us PC gamers a thought.
yeah but microsoft says they're also giving us a thought.....
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-10, 02:09 PM   #21
GullyFoyle

So many questions, so little info from DICE... well it's your lucky day!

from this interview: Eurogamer interview with EA's Patrick Soderlund

Quote:
Eurogamer: The PC version of Battlefield 1943 didn't happen. What's happening there?

Patrick Soderlund: We are obviously (LOL! -Gully) working on the PC platform and we'll be ready to talk about that shortly. You should see information around the PC platform in the not too distant future.

Eurogamer: So the message is the game is not dead?

Patrick Soderlund: We'll comment on it when we have information.

Eurogamer: How's development on Battlefield 3 going?

Patrick Soderlund: It's going well. I'm very happy with what we have and I'm really excited about showing it to the world because we have something that is going to be very, very cool.

Eurogamer: When will you show it?

Patrick Soderlund: You'll see. You'll know probably sooner than I will. You are going to be able to see it in the not too distant future. The marketing guys would kill me if I told you when.

Eurogamer: The Battlefield franchise now is massive. What's next for Bad Company?

Patrick Soderlund: Battlefield 3 will be seen as a true sequel to Battlefield 2. But considering the success of Bad Company, we haven't buried that at all. It's something we're looking at what to do with.

But right now we're focused on making the best possible game for consumers to enjoy, and that's obviously Battlefield 3.
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10, 02:38 PM   #22
mojoman0

excellent, a true successor
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10, 11:21 PM   #23
jiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
Better warm up for Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad. BF3 gonna be as bad as bad company 2.
QFT

Red Orchestra Devs know how to develop a PC game for the PC!

We can only hope someone saves us from this consolized gaming that has become normal.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 12:19 AM   #24
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Guys, you should know by now. Devs will tell us anything before a game is released.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote