Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-15-10, 08:59 PM   #169
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: E3 thread

Well, for $129 total you get everything and a game... if Kinect is the rumored $149 then Move is still cheaper for a single gamer. You're right in that the difference is multiplayer.

I don't see either of these selling to casual gamers based on their price though, honestly. Each requires a $300 system up front, then more than a $100 extra on top of that.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 10:10 PM   #170
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well, for $129 total you get everything and a game... if Kinect is the rumored $149 then Move is still cheaper for a single gamer. You're right in that the difference is multiplayer.

I don't see either of these selling to casual gamers based on their price though, honestly. Each requires a $300 system up front, then more than a $100 extra on top of that.
Indeed. And supposedly the Move only games will be priced at 40 bucks, whereas the 360 Kinect games are going to be 60 dollars.

Multiplayer doesn't matter much to me on the Move because I am mostly interested in it right now for first and third person shooters and not party games. If it aims as well as I am hearing from people who played Socom, it might be the next best thing to a mouse.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 10:41 PM   #171
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I agree. I think most of my hate for the new Zelda is the crappy motion controls. I am fine with them being in... but give me the option. That is why I am not mad about Move... so far they seem to be giving the OPTION for it, not MAKING you use it.
The game play is built around the motion controls. Notice how you could confuse the eye by waving your sword around. That wouldn't be possible without motion controls. I don't see why you hate it so much. Just give it a whirl.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 10:50 PM   #172
|MaguS|

My biggest fear is that they are simplifying the game a lot. They mentioned that they care more about the game being fun then its story and exploration. I know games are ment to be fun but when you make it accessible for grandma well then it loses its fun for us.

What bothered me most and got me thinking about how they are probably "dumbing it down" is that they mentioned that they simplified the map so people wouldn't get lost... Seriously, people got lost in Zelda.
Old 06-15-10, 11:00 PM   #173
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
The game play is built around the motion controls. Notice how you could confuse the eye by waving your sword around. That wouldn't be possible without motion controls. I don't see why you hate it so much. Just give it a whirl.
Then don't design the entire game based around crappy motion controls most people disliked in TP. I never finished TP... 90% of that was because I HATED the controls. Sad when I should have bought the game for the last gen system to have a better experience.
Old 06-15-10, 11:08 PM   #174
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Multiplayer doesn't matter much to me on the Move because I am mostly interested in it right now for first and third person shooters and not party games. If it aims as well as I am hearing from people who played Socom, it might be the next best thing to a mouse.
I hope they have it work like a mouse, where the "screen moves" for lack of a better term. The way they do it on Wii where you move a target around the screen is damn stupid.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-16-10, 12:00 AM   #175
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

LOOK AT THIS ****ING HUD JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...skyward/101655

Also: same old gameplay.

Old 06-16-10, 12:11 AM   #176
|MaguS|

They said they can disable the new HUD.

Old 06-16-10, 12:14 AM   #177
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Thank God.

Still the same old Zelda gameplay though, and I bet every review talks about how innovative it is.

Old 06-17-10, 12:24 AM   #178
Zelda_fan

Personally I think it looks terrific. I'm glad to see from that demo that the controls are tight.

I don't even understand what you mean by "same old gameplay." Please define that. Do you mean same controls? Same combat? Same story? Please define what you mean by same gameplay.

I fail to see how you even know the gamplay inside and out from seeing a 4 minute demo video. I think you just like to rain on people's parade.

HUD is retarded, but you can disable it so who cares.
Old 06-17-10, 12:25 AM   #179
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Then don't design the entire game based around crappy motion controls most people disliked in TP. I never finished TP... 90% of that was because I HATED the controls. Sad when I should have bought the game for the last gen system to have a better experience.
Every review I read said the Wii controls were better. I also personally agree with those reviews. But to each his own.
Old 06-17-10, 12:35 AM   #180
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Why are people excited for Epic Mickey? It is Super Mario Sunshine 2, basically.