Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-27-10, 06:06 AM   #169
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Official Splinter Cell Conviction Thread

Yup. Pretty much. AI is way to easy to exploit. Chuck one guy out a window, wait a few seconds, his buddy comes to investigate, pull him out through the window, and repeat unit the room is clear.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 09:59 AM   #170
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Yup. Pretty much. AI is way to easy to exploit. Chuck one guy out a window, wait a few seconds, his buddy comes to investigate, pull him out through the window, and repeat unit the room is clear.
Yea i did that at the start..i couldn't believe how bad it was..along with the bad fps for a game that doesn't really look that special....i feel ripped off
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 10:14 AM   #171
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

You guys playing on realistic? I have seen the AI be stupid before but not on the scale you guys are talking about.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 03:23 PM   #172
crainger

Even on realistic the window AI bug exists. That's right it's a bug it's that bad. Hang out side a window Velvet, pull a guy out and his mates will follow in his path.
Old 06-27-10, 03:30 PM   #173
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Well they always report to the area where something happened, but in my experience they proceed slowly with their flashlights looking all around. I suppose if you are hanging though the lights never touch you, so perhaps that is a glitchy way around things?
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-28-10, 08:03 AM   #174
K007

i am playing on regular i guess...maybe i should go realstic...normally with any game i stick to normal, i find most games harder modes have brutal dmg and i don't want to get stuck in one place for ages...

but the ai in normal is pretty bad..i mean u just need to really kill one guy in the head with the silenced handgun then just wait as every retard come over...and best part is when they all yell out...(btw the yelling conversations are pretty funny lol)

and why did the bad guys piss him off? He was minding his own business and not didn't give a flying **** about what they were doing untill they pissed him off O.o...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-10, 09:44 AM   #175
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I don't think realistic effects damage much in this game, everyone still dies from one headshot or a couple body shots.

Old 06-28-10, 03:18 PM   #176
crainger

I like how they say they'll get revenge for their buddies you killed in previous missions. It's not much, but it gives the goons a bit more depth.

Then they ruined it by giving them all the same voice. ::

Old 06-28-10, 05:52 PM   #177
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Yeah, a bit of the Oblivion voice acting problem in there.

Old 11-22-10, 02:30 PM   #178
mojoman0

Finally beat the game after buying it from Ubisoft for $1. It didn't run so well, avg 25-30fps on medium so I tried to rush through it but I was kinda impressed. There was an insane amount of attention to detail in the environment imo and I thought the graphics were pretty good. I kind of rambo'd the game but I could see spending a lot more time with it in stealth mode if this were my kind of game
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 08:13 PM   #179
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Just as i thought, it is an un-optimized POS. Getting 36fps in the menus and 30fps in the first mission (in front of the cafeteria). Performance is the same whether i have 1600x1200 with 8xCSAA or 800x600 without FSAA. This shows a CPU limitation, so let's see some graphs:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1355/99258699.jpg
Here is the multicore usage. It is really disappointing to say the least, especially when the damn game seems to be CPU limited (yet it doesn't take full advantage of the quadcores to overcome this limitation).

Here is an interesting spot. I was getting 23fps in this particular scene (regardless of resolution and FSAA. Yeah, there is low GPU usage cause i used a really low resolution)
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2...e201005010.jpg

And now, let's see the CPU usage in that particular scene (it is cycled)
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5421/18110184.jpg

There you have it. 50-55% CPU usage in a scene at a really low res, without FSAA and with only 23fps (the same fps when also using 1600x1200 + 8xCSAA).

So if you have anything less than a I7, the game will run 'acceptable'. Clearly though, this is an un-optimized POS as it needs a I7 to run smoothly. Ubisoft seems to have really sh!ty 'porters'
Gotta agree with JohnDio, absolute horrible performance in this game. Changing res or oc'ing from 3.1 to 4.0Ghz makes hardly a dent in frame rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
perfomance issue reports are bull****

only played for few minutes, and everything on highest setting/8xCSAA, and its constant 60fps, not a single dip lower.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/825...e201004271.jpg
Nekro, how in the heck are you able to make this game absolutely fly like that??!! 60fps+ in the exact same scene as my pic is crazy good.

Wondering if its an OS thing?

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 05:41 PM   #180
MowTin

Bought this from Steam a long time ago and played it this weekend during hurricane Irene.

At first I was really annoyed that my 360 controller did not work properly with this game. Some Googling and found a solution in the Ubisoft forum. It seems AC2 had the same issue. It's crazy that this was not fixed.

However, the graphics are really crisp. I have no framerate issues. And this game is a lot of fun. Very polished, high production value and some very innovative features.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote