Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-07-10, 12:07 PM   #73
sammy sung

Default Re: Official F1 2010 Thread

One thing that cracks me up though:I drive for lotus and the goal for each race is 15th in quali and 12th in the race but the last 5 races i've been on pole and won the race.At the startline my race engineer says like :The boss expects a podium this weekend,think you can manage that ? But then when i win he goes ballistic and screams :THATS FANTASTIC M8,NO ONE EXPECTED THAT !!!!!! Lol sure,if anyone would get 5 poles/wins in a row and taken pole in the sixth i would place a bet on him winning that race aswell but i guess the lotus staff is a bit different
Old 11-07-10, 01:45 PM   #74
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
It's so scripted, the whole game.
One thing they really nailed though and that's where even iracing lags behind (atleast from what ive heard from their williams f1 model):The engine sounds are amazing,theyve gone to incredible lengths to sample them and for me thats very important.
Old 11-09-10, 01:19 AM   #75
BCKator

I'm an F1 and racing sim fan and I've been looking forward to this game for years. But I waited for the reviews, from the real users, not the "professionals". I'm glad I did. The stuff I'm hearing about would really frustrate me. I'm really dissappointed at how badly they messed this up. Perhaps I'll pick it up once its on-sale via Steam for $5 just for LOLs.
"BlackSilver": Modified air-cooled LianLi8B w/ 4 38x120mm Scythe intake fans, 16"x16" custom air filter, custom fan controller, GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD4 (uATX), i5-750 @3.5G(turbo)OCCT linpack stable, 4G GSkill DDR, XFX 5870, Crucial 128GB SSD (OS), WD 1T CavBLack HD (data), WD 2T Green HD (backup), Corsiar CMPSU 750W PSU, PWR ~105/370W idle/max

"Green" : AsusP5Q-E, C2D8600@~4.4G(440Mx10), EVGA GTX285@~741/1692/1269, 300G Velocirator + 150G Raptorx (just for show), DVD-RW, custom H2O loop w/ Koolance CPU/GPU/NB/FET blocks in heavily modified LianLi case w/ 16"x16" input air filter, integrated 3x120 swiftech rad, dual mcp350 pumps, lots of copper pipe, custom Fan controller, & 7 Scythe SFF21F fans (~600rpm@idle, ~1400rpm@load), PWR ~160/484W idle/max.
BCKator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 02:58 AM   #76
Burner_Tbird2
The Objectivist Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKator View Post
I'm an F1 and racing sim fan and I've been looking forward to this game for years. But I waited for the reviews, from the real users, not the "professionals". I'm glad I did. The stuff I'm hearing about would really frustrate me. I'm really dissappointed at how badly they messed this up. Perhaps I'll pick it up once its on-sale via Steam for $5 just for LOLs.
I have not played it but from what I hear if you're a fan you will enjoy this one. The technicals are not there, but they can't all be sims. Sometimes you have to eat cake and enjoy that there is no substance
8Gb G.Skill 1600
Silverstone 750W PSU
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
http://www.patriotsjetteam.com

PSN: BurnerDeuce
Folding For nVNews Team #35216
Burner_Tbird2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 04:55 AM   #77
NuBee
NuBee

Hi @ all!
I also have a problem with the game. I don't know if someone allready brought up this problem or if anyone has this problem.
The rain effects are my problem. Every time I start the game I can see the wet track, the rain puddles, but only for 3-5 seconds. Then the effect dissapears, as if everything..."dryes" off! Other effects are there, the raindrops running on the car, the beautiful effect of the blurred moving raindrops on the camera.
I have the latest patch (I don't remember having this problem before the patch), I always use the latest drivers (also betas when I hear that they're good), I have a GTX480 and a GTX285 dedicated to physics running on Windows 7x64. In game I cranked up everything to max, I use 8xAA, vSync is on and "directx forcedx9" is on "false" (but also on "true" it's the same!)
Maybe is the patch, but what if it's me the problem, something what i did wrong?
Could you help me? I am I really would like to play this game with all the effects.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 07:17 AM   #78
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
One thing they definatly did NOT fix are the completly assenine pitstops.Pitted in the lead with webber 2 seconds behind me also pitting,the lotus pitcrew changed tyres in under 5 seconds but then they just left my car there saying wait for the lollipop and after 7 seconds webber passed me in the pits but they still didn't release my car until 12.1 seconds had passed

I really don't get this game,it's very enjoyable but it keeps punishing you with idiotic **** like this when youve tried your hardest and got ahead a few seconds just for the bugs loosing the race for you.I really should stop playing it because it pisses me off to no end,had i not bought it off steam and gotten a dvd instead i think it would be laying on the street underneath my livingroom window by now
Well in real F1, the lollipop man cannot release you into on coming traffic where is might cause an accident and cars pitting in under 5 seconds is a regular thing.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-10, 06:49 PM   #79
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Well in real F1, the lollipop man cannot release you into on coming traffic where is might cause an accident and cars pitting in under 5 seconds is a regular thing.
Don't think you understand my point here,me and webber were the ONLY 2 cars that pitted on that lap and he was 2 second behind me = my car was ready before his and the lotus pit is closer to the exit than red bulls.So there was NO traffic nor was there any logical explanation other then a often encountered bug where the pitstaff wont release you eventhough the cost is clear.I sat there waiting and watched webber pass,then it took them 5 seconds to release my car.Would never happen in the real world(unless the lollipop guy was drunk)
Old 11-15-10, 07:18 AM   #80
gerardfraser

I am still loving the game and having fun with some skins in the game.A couple shots of some of them.

gerardfraser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-10, 06:02 PM   #81
gerardfraser

LOL you picked up some marbles.

gerardfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-10, 08:53 AM   #82
sammy sung

Haven't played this in a while and figured that i atleast should finish one season but the amount of stupid present in this game despite the patch is funny:

I was entering the sao paulo track for the first practise of the weekend,entered from the race engineer into section one and as you know you have zero control over your car until you start the new lap or just before the startline.The game dropped me on the track ,next to ruebens barichello who was going into the pits and i apparently blocked him eventhough i couldn't move my car due to the autopilot not being released yet,but still the game gave me a penalty with a 5 space drop on the grid,wtf ?? !! I really want to like this game but damn,it's beyond retarded sometimes.....
Old 12-04-10, 10:00 AM   #83
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
lol

This game is not worth it. There are a tons of great mods out there but its fundamentals are so flawed, it's a lost cause.
Idd,it looks good,sounds good but i highly doubt i will run a second season.Btw did you watch simracing tonight's fanatec GT2 setup guide for GT5 ? Seems to work well according to Darin,even the clubsport pedals had some suggested settings.