Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
lmao
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 07:24 AM   #98
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Almost all Ubisoft titles to use Internet-based DRM

CnC4, which uses this same type of DRM scheme (only worse as any mission progress is lost in the event of disconnect) is currently Steam's top seller, overtaking Bad Company 2, which tells me it is more or less accepted and that AC2's lower sales were due to it being on consoles for 5 months before hand.

Feel free to disagree though.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 09:45 AM   #99
LurkerLito

I really can't tell honestly. There are several posts on sites like the impulse forum that people bought without knowing it had any DRM and wanting a refund. They won't get it cause they were in the beta though. So was it really because people accepted the DRM scheme or because people didn't know it had this kind and were just pre-ordering it based on the old CnC games to get into the beta.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 11:28 AM   #100
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
CnC4, which uses this same type of DRM scheme (only worse as any mission progress is lost in the event of disconnect) is currently Steam's top seller, overtaking Bad Company 2, which tells me it is more or less accepted and that AC2's lower sales were due to it being on consoles for 5 months before hand.

Feel free to disagree though.
On what information is this based on? The top selling games of the day?

Are we sure that C&C4 isn't "up there" just to market the game? Try to get some sales?

BF is over C&C4 now.

I know that if I were playing SC and lost Internet connection, thus losing my progress, I would be PISSED. DRM = FAIL everytime.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 11:51 AM   #101
Jon

I game on my laptop which moves around with me. Sometimes I have internet, sometimes I don't. No way am I buying a single player game that has to be online all the time. For that reason I skipped AC2 (even though I loved AC). Its a shame cause I've never pirated, usually buy all AAA titles on release day.... so why am I being punished?

On the other hand, Bad Company 2 has DRM... I was happy it gave me 10 no question asked installs, I can deauthorise any I don't want... and... I had to reinstall last night and forgot to de-authorise... but it still recognised I was on the same computer even after reinstall and didn't take an authorisation off me. That I can live with.

But more importantly... this kind of DRM isn't going to get pirates to buy the game. So +0 to sales. But it is going to p!ss off loyal gamers like me... so lets see how much they get in - sales.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 01:40 PM   #102
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I game on my laptop which moves around with me. Sometimes I have internet, sometimes I don't. No way am I buying a single player game that has to be online all the time. For that reason I skipped AC2 (even though I loved AC). Its a shame cause I've never pirated, usually buy all AAA titles on release day.... so why am I being punished?

On the other hand, Bad Company 2 has DRM... I was happy it gave me 10 no question asked installs, I can deauthorise any I don't want... and... I had to reinstall last night and forgot to de-authorise... but it still recognised I was on the same computer even after reinstall and didn't take an authorisation off me. That I can live with.

But more importantly... this kind of DRM isn't going to get pirates to buy the game. So +0 to sales. But it is going to p!ss off loyal gamers like me... so lets see how much they get in - sales.
I haven't tried this in a long time, but does Steam's Offline Mode still work? I wonder if you could play BF:BC2 in Offline Mode?
Old 03-19-10, 04:24 PM   #103
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I'm wondering who makes these stupid videos. FYI the pirates are still waiting for a working crack for AC2, LOL.
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 05:35 PM   #104
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist View Post
I'm wondering who makes these stupid videos. FYI the pirates are still waiting for a working crack for AC2, LOL.
I thought it was cracked even before the game came out?

EDIT: Just looked and they are still working on it.