Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-01-11, 07:26 PM   #13
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: You cannot play Diablo 3 offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
some people are far from good servers... their ping is not good for online play.
ping will make no difference in this case.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 09:34 PM   #14
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

.. but I wanna play it offline...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 10:19 PM   #15
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Another one I won't be buying.

Dial up sucks.

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 10:35 PM   #16
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
crackers will find a way...
This.

The more they try to make it pirate proof the more attention they'll bring to it and the faster it will get cracked.

I'll give it 2 weeks tops. Unless of course the game is leaked pre-release which in that case it'll be day 1.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 10:51 PM   #17
K007

doesn't bother me tbh.

the thing that bugs me is the new auction house. one is the normal auction house (aka wow), the other is the one that u can use real money in the auction house

K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 11:06 AM   #18
LurkerLito

Definitely bugs me enough to not want to buy it. I bought the Diablo series games for the single player only. And while I did play D2 multiplayer a few times I didn't really care for it.

Still even though it bothers me what really makes it worse is what Bah pointed out:
Quote:
No attribute or skill points in Diablo III, unlock new skills as you level, and attributes increase automatically
WTF!!!! The store is bad enough but no skill or attribute points to customize your character? That removes one of the main features of the Diablo series that made each play through and character unique even with all the varying armor and weapon types. Seriously WTF!!

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 11:10 AM   #19
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121 View Post
Not that absurd... Both are RPG like with leveling, questing, and parties... They have persistant worlds as well. I'm sure there is a lot more you can do in WoW but on the surface they follow the same concept.
Diablo doesn't have a persistent world at all, and the concept is extraordinarily different. WoW is group-focused with specific roles (tank/healer/dps), dungeons and bosses are not soloable, loot is not randomized and binds to a character when equipped, blah blah I could go on and on. I suppose saying they're both "RPG-like" is accurate but the two games cannot be compared any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah!
The two in bold are much worse than having to stay connected while you play.
Again I'm sounding like an apologist but this is again a situation where misinformation is being spread. The real-money auction house is in the game, sure. There's also a normal traditional AH using in-game currency. The truth is that even in Diablo 2 many players traded on third-party web sites in both ingame currency and real money - Blizzard is including this function in the game to eliminate the need to go somewhere else and possibly get scammed or worse.

The skill system has been altered but character customization is done with runes rather than skill points, and the end result is basically the same. Especially during the early stages of the game, it won't be clear which exact skill combination will end up benefiting your character and it was very common in Diablo 2 to simply join "XP rush" games and stockpile stat and skill points until you could create a viable build. With this, low-level gameplay will be more rewarding and high-level characters will ultimately play the same way. How many D2 builds did people actually use more than 2-3 skills with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito
WTF!!!! The store is bad enough but no skill or attribute points to customize your character? That removes one of the main features of the Diablo series that made each play through and character unique even with all the varying armor and weapon types. Seriously WTF!!
Again, don't believe everything you read from fansites making misleading statements. Blizzard has a huge FAQ clarifying the game systems. This knee-jerk hysteria is pretty sad.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 11:16 AM   #20
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Diablo doesn't have a persistent world at all, and the concept is extraordinarily different. WoW is group-focused with specific roles (tank/healer/dps), dungeons and bosses are not soloable, loot is not randomized and binds to a character when equipped, blah blah I could go on and on. I suppose saying they're both "RPG-like" is accurate but the two games cannot be compared any further.

Again I'm sounding like an apologist but this is again a situation where misinformation is being spread. The real-money auction house is in the game, sure. There's also a normal traditional AH using in-game currency. The truth is that even in Diablo 2 many players traded on third-party web sites in both ingame currency and real money - Blizzard is including this function in the game to eliminate the need to go somewhere else and possibly get scammed or worse.

The skill system has been altered but character customization is done with runes rather than skill points, and the end result is basically the same. Especially during the early stages of the game, it won't be clear which exact skill combination will end up benefiting your character and it was very common in Diablo 2 to simply join "XP rush" games and stockpile stat and skill points until you could create a viable build. With this, low-level gameplay will be more rewarding and high-level characters will ultimately play the same way. How many D2 builds did people actually use more than 2-3 skills with?

Again, don't believe everything you read from fansites making misleading statements. Blizzard has a huge FAQ clarifying the game systems. This knee-jerk hysteria is pretty sad.
Exactly, Diablo has a hub from where you get almost all your quests. Then you have randomly generated maps. The world is hardly like WoW at all.
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-11, 11:19 AM   #21
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

This is making me want to play Diablo 1 again.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 12:08 PM   #22
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
This is making me want to play Diablo 1 again.
I've been playing Torchlight. Of course it is a direct knock off of Diablo but it is still a blast.
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 02:58 PM   #23
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I'll still have it the day it comes out and it will still be awesome.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote