Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA FreeBSD

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-29-08, 02:25 PM   #1
zBeeble42

Default 174.14.05 + FreeBSD-7-STABLE + Dell XPS 1730 (8700M SLI)

There is one really good thing about 173.14.05:
  • XVideo finally works on this configuration. Yay.

And it should be said that it's largely working. It always starts on the internal panel, but switching to an external panel via the hot-key works.

However, there is still a list of things that don't work, some of which are showstoppers. I've included two nvidia-debug files. The first includes the internal panel connected... the other (2) does not. Only one panel is active at a time.
  • The driver/video card take 100% of one CPU via an interrupt storm (either file)
  • Some applications work on the external panel, but those with shader models don't (ie: glmatrix works, eve-online (classic) does not --- note that eve-online-classic works on the internal panel) (nvidia-debug.log)
  • Even though the card reads as in "high performance" mode via nvidia-config, it never seems to leave 150Mhz mode --- so everything is very slow. Much slower than my 7800gtx. (either file).

It strikes me that if the system could default to displaying on the external panel (when connected), then the shader may work on the external panel. Is there a way to specify this? I seem to remember reading something about some features not working right when a display change had been done.

In fact, with further testing, eve-online-classic doesn't work on the internal panel after having been switched from the external panel.
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (70.1 KB, 168 views)
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report2.log (68.4 KB, 156 views)
zBeeble42 is offline   Reply With Quote