Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-19-07, 10:45 AM   #37
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Default Re: 7 Days until the Crysis demo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard
Games are changing its all about graphics - it looks pretty buy it... I am all for game play..

I am just mad because I've seen the same behavior from EA in the past on other games I've supported of theres. I like to spend my money on games that are supported by the company, and on a company that will force its game developers to make good patches, and actually fix bugs.
Take it or not. That's life... and I'm amazed you're depending this on freaking demo or beta. You already know the release date on retail version, buy it or not. I'm tired of hearing your or anyone's crap on "OMG, it's EA fault! I'm canceling my pre-order!" When it has nothing to do with EA but Crytek. They make reasonable decision to delay it... do you REALLY think they're doing this on purpose to piss you or anyone off?

Did you even have a chance to play the beta? Well, I did (hell, I played a bit at E3 even if it's not polished but I find it damn fun) and it's not quite all about graphics. The gameplay is actually cool but I guess your mind is already made up that it's all about graphics. That's fine, at least one less person that would enjoy Crysis at its fullest.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 10:51 AM   #38
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

false alarm then..

Cry-Alex
Community Manager
#5 Oct 19, 07 - 8:18 AM Edit Reply Quote Reply
Actually this looks like a little mistake since the demo is still on track - that's why we work so hard as well

-alex
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 11:01 AM   #39
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD
false alarm then..
well then, back to tick-tock tick-tock

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 11:08 AM   #40
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan
Take it or not. That's life... and I'm amazed you're depending this on freaking demo or beta. You already know the release date on retail version, buy it or not. I'm tired of hearing your or anyone's crap on "OMG, it's EA fault! I'm canceling my pre-order!" When it has nothing to do with EA but Crytek. They make reasonable decision to delay it... do you REALLY think they're doing this on purpose to piss you or anyone off?

Did you even have a chance to play the beta? Well, I did (hell, I played a bit at E3 even if it's not polished but I find it damn fun) and it's not quite all about graphics. The gameplay is actually cool but I guess your mind is already made up that it's all about graphics. That's fine, at least one less person that would enjoy Crysis at its fullest.

I did play the beta, and enjoyed it. It is EA faults like its been said a million times everything they touch, consider it a pile of junk. It didn't use to always be like that. Anyone who played any NFL games will know what I am talking about, when EA became corporate whores.

I know that Far Cry was published as a Ubisoft game. I know that Crysis first came around it was being published by them, and then we started seeing EA on the videos... just kind of transitioned over... at least thats what I seem to remember...
Old 10-19-07, 11:39 AM   #41
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Its always been scheduled to release Mid November here in the UK since September. I don't get what all the fuss is about tbh.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 04:24 PM   #42
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard
I did play the beta, and enjoyed it. It is EA faults like its been said a million times everything they touch, consider it a pile of junk. It didn't use to always be like that. Anyone who played any NFL games will know what I am talking about, when EA became corporate whores.

I know that Far Cry was published as a Ubisoft game. I know that Crysis first came around it was being published by them, and then we started seeing EA on the videos... just kind of transitioned over... at least thats what I seem to remember...
That's coming out of your mouth and that doesn't mean it's true. I disagree with you on a lot of things about EA. Maybe you hate EA because you really don't have any idea what they're doing but just want to join the crowd on hating EA. Btw, you can't compare Crysis with NFL games... there's many NFL games while we get one Crysis, and both are entirely different genre so I'm going to ignore that. Hell, Crysis isn't even out yet! You and I only got a bit sample of Crysis but that doesn't give us a good reason that we played actual retail version because it's not.

Also you're missing few things... EA has done excellent with Command & Conquer 3 and they're still releasing patches for it. Also they're working on new expansion. Ok, hmm they have came up with excellent stakerboarding game, stake. It's one of best stakerboarding game in this generation. Hmm, now that they have bought BioWare and other developer... and those studios already clearifed that EA is not taking over in creative control but themselves. And more. Yet, people's STILL ranting about it like it's end of the world.

Light up and wait a bit more. Patient is a virtue.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 04:57 PM   #43
wysiwyg

just added my pre order for crysis on amazon

along with the right stuff and from the earth to the moon DVds (not that they are anything to do with crysis)
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 05:13 PM   #44
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR
Well whenever it comes i just hope it lives up to the hype also im still wondering how well it will play on my system! .... Im considering upgrading to a BFG 8800GTX OC2 for some of these new more demanding games!
going from a GTS to a GTX isn't going to make your games run much faster! maybe 5-10 on the low end, and 5-10 on the top end .. i'd seriously think about it
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-07, 05:40 PM   #45
[EOCF] Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram
going from a GTS to a GTX isn't going to make your games run much faster! maybe 5-10 on the low end, and 5-10 on the top end .. i'd seriously think about it
The gap between the GTS and GTX is generally speaking more then 10fps. Most definitely not 5. More like 15 atleast.

Anyway, yay for the false alarm!!!
[EOCF] Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 06:46 PM   #46
SOAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram
it most definitly is

for a start the 768mb ram > 640mb and it actually makes a huge difference.

I would recommend anyone offloading their GTS now. Especially the 320mb. Even though they were cheap to start of with, I belive they are going to age exceptionally badly.
SOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 09:42 PM   #47
Destroy

I'm gonna predict that most likely the SP demo will simply take place on the MP beta demo level with a few objectives. Am I right?

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 09:49 PM   #48
3DBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
I'm gonna predict that most likely the SP demo will simply take place on the MP beta demo level with a few objectives. Am I right?
No, it's entirely different.