Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-05-07, 08:52 AM   #1
rev_b

Default Why don't overclocking and aniso/antialiasing setting "stick" with nvidia-settings

I've noticed it since I began using Linux last year (since Ubuntu 6.10). I have a 7900 GT and it works just fine with nvidia drivers and doing twinview (2560x1024). Nvidia X Server Settings is an excellent control panel tool, and most of options do "stick" after a reboot, like twinview, sync to vblank, and digital vibrance. But overclocking (enabled by Option "Coolbits" "1" in xorg.conf) and antialiasing/anisotropic filtering settings do not. If I reboot, or simply restart X, I got no antialising/aniso, despite it's enabled on nvidia settings. I do have to disable "override aplication setting" and enable it again in order to get it working. Same thing with overclocking - after restarting X, "Enable Overclocking" is disabled. Running nvidia-settings as root gives the same results.

Not much to worry, as I simply have to remember to disable/enable these settings before running a game, but I would like to know if this is a "feature" or a known bug.

Thanks.
rev_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 10:20 AM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Why don't overclocking and aniso/antialiasing setting "stick" with nvidia-settings

The driver README documents this behavior.
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 10:38 PM   #3
starcannon

Default Re: Why don't overclocking and aniso/antialiasing setting "stick" with nvidia-setting

I've kludged past this issue by running nvidia-settings as sudo.
Code:
sudo nvidia-settings
starcannon is offline   Reply With Quote