Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-22-08, 12:34 PM   #2041
methimpikehoses

Default Re: The Witcher Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Thanks guys.

Good game so far, only real problem I had so far is I was too lazy to read up on it...so it took me 20 minutes to quit meditating....

I could watch that intro clip over and over though...awesome.

READING IS YOUR FRIEND.

Old 07-22-08, 12:35 PM   #2042
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Good game so far, only real problem I had so far is I was too lazy to read up on it...so it took me 20 minutes to quit meditating....

I could watch that intro clip over and over though...awesome.
haha!
Old 07-22-08, 12:41 PM   #2043
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!

Well after installing my PC upgrades i am finally playing through again[never did finish it ]
I'm just gonna play through it,then when the Enhanced comes out i'll play it a second time.

But yeah the Controls take some getting use to. also was the enhanced version going to add a Walk button?
It seems sad to run everywhere and miss the details of the world.

They should add it just like it was added to bioshock.[added alot of tension to walk around instead of run all the time]

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL

Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-08, 06:30 AM   #2044
grey_1

Recently ran into something that's just about got me tossing this game in the trash. I'm being confronted by a headhunter and I've tried everything over 2 days to even damage this guy, much less kill him.

Apparently I killed a city guard (I have zero recollection of this) and this guy comes to collect. After many attempts I got so frustrated I resorted to google. Supposedly this clown CANNOT be killed and he will haunt me til the end of the game unless I go back, who knows where, and collect enough orens to pay him off.

What on earth would possess a developer to put soooo much care and attention into a title, then blow it with an irritating, ignorant, foolish decision like this? I don't even know if I can finish the game because I have no idea where this city guard was I killed.

This title is now at the bottom of my heap - what a waste.
Old 07-27-08, 08:15 AM   #2045
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I never ran into a headhunter. I guess you gotta pay the price for killing guards grey. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 09:58 AM   #2046
de><ta
prodigy

Quote:
Recently ran into something that's just about got me tossing this game in the trash. I'm being confronted by a headhunter and I've tried everything over 2 days to even damage this guy, much less kill him.

Apparently I killed a city guard (I have zero recollection of this) and this guy comes to collect. After many attempts I got so frustrated I resorted to google. Supposedly this clown CANNOT be killed and he will haunt me til the end of the game unless I go back, who knows where, and collect enough orens to pay him off.

What on earth would possess a developer to put soooo much care and attention into a title, then blow it with an irritating, ignorant, foolish decision like this? I don't even know if I can finish the game because I have no idea where this city guard was I killed.

Later on in the game you actually can kill him (but instead of being called the head hunter, he has a proper name). And get the second most powerful sword in the game.

But yeah initially you can't kill him. I tried to when I was at level twelve and had the blizzard and wolf potion, but he kept blocking all of my attacks and the spells were no good against him. Plus he hits like a friggin truck.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 11:40 AM   #2047
methimpikehoses

Quote:

Send it back to the a**hole who gave it to you.
Old 07-28-08, 11:52 AM   #2048
ArrowMk84

Quote:

If you need to pay him off, there is a cheat code to add money. I forget what it is, but a quick google should turn it up.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-08, 12:04 PM   #2049
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
If you need to pay him off, there is a cheat code to add money. I forget what it is, but a quick google should turn it up.
Thanks, I didn't even think of cheats. Ended up having to go all the way back to the beginning of Vizima(sp?).

Wouldn't bug me so much if he were 7 feet tall and monstrous looking.

Little itty bitty funny looking goof pwns you quick!
Old 07-28-08, 12:05 PM   #2050
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
Send it back to the a**hole who gave it to you.
YEAH!
Old 07-28-08, 12:07 PM   #2051
methimpikehoses

Quote:
YEAH!
NO. Do not abandon Vizima so quickly. Just quit killing prison guards and go bugger some drowners to feel better. Or, start leveling up and you will begin pwning everyone around you.

And cheat w/ the cash to buy the headhunter off... I never ran into him myself.
Old 07-28-08, 12:30 PM   #2052
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
NO. Do not abandon Vizima so quickly. Just quit killing prison guards and go bugger some drowners to feel better. Or, start leveling up and you will begin pwning everyone around you.

And cheat w/ the cash to buy the headhunter off... I never ran into him myself.
I'm back into it now, up in the swamps 'buggering' drowners.

The whole problem is I never killed a guard. It turns out a few people had this issue, kind of like Duty camp in STALKER calling you a murderer out of the blue, later in the game. Frustrating as heck..I was like "Why can't I kill this st00pid looking little bastid?!"