Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-30-09, 10:35 PM   #2149
shilk

Default Re: The Witcher Feedback Thread

Errr.. I'll make a new topic in the General Hardware section. Don't wanna get spanked for cloggin up this topic.
shilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 12:41 AM   #2150
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I was gonna say, please keep it to Witcher only plz.

Also, I vote sticky kthnx. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 11:07 AM   #2151
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I was gonna say, please keep it to Witcher only plz.

Also, I vote sticky kthnx. ::
Another vote.

Love this game.
Old 08-31-09, 12:25 PM   #2152
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I feel bad for not playing this game but I seriously lose interest every time I try to play it as soon as I enter the first town after the prologue.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 12:54 PM   #2153
Arioch

Played this game when it first came out and I just started going through it again with the EE and my 3D Vision setup. This is gaming bliss.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 03:05 PM   #2154
shilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
I feel bad for not playing this game but I seriously lose interest every time I try to play it as soon as I enter the first town after the prologue.
I felt that way as well.

For me, it was about how daunting the whole city is and whether or not I'd be missing some stuff if I didn't do something correctly. When I used the wikkia site as a reference, I found out that there's some choices and skill checks made in the game that dictate your succession in certain events or unlock certain quests. I think when I found that out after doing a certain event and hitting the "point of no return", that kind of did it in for me.

I love playing games and trying to get everything I can, but I didn't feel like saving/loading a certain file just to get a different outcome. But I tried to do the best I can and play the game for what it had to offer. The EE patch made it much better to enjoy the game as well, so I could live with making those choices much easier for some reason, lol.
Old 08-31-09, 03:06 PM   #2155
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Give it a bit more. It picks up more when you enter the City.

Still I was hooked from the start myself.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 03:34 PM   #2156
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:

Yah, I agree. Once you actually enter the city, it does pick up and you start to apply the skills you learn from the prologue and you realize just how deep the game really is

I love it. Fantastic experience overall.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-09, 04:59 PM   #2157
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post
I felt that way as well.

For me, it was about how daunting the whole city is and whether or not I'd be missing some stuff if I didn't do something correctly. When I used the wikkia site as a reference, I found out that there's some choices and skill checks made in the game that dictate your succession in certain events or unlock certain quests. I think when I found that out after doing a certain event and hitting the "point of no return", that kind of did it in for me.

I love playing games and trying to get everything I can, but I didn't feel like saving/loading a certain file just to get a different outcome. But I tried to do the best I can and play the game for what it had to offer. The EE patch made it much better to enjoy the game as well, so I could live with making those choices much easier for some reason, lol.
You can't play these games constantly worrying about what you might be missing or what outcomes your choices might block off... the whole point of them really is to experience these consequences.

I know that flips some people sideways, but for me it is what makes the game great.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 06:49 PM   #2158
shilk

Oh, I know what you mean. That's why I love Mass Effect so much. Once you beat it, all of your stuff carries over and you can play a new game with your old character. All of the dialog options open up, and you're able to go about resolving different situations because you weren't able to before. Right from the beginning of the game, you realize this when you save those colonist farmers and you can chose to threaten or sympathize with him to get your information. I'm a big fan of the "New Game +" concept ever since Chrono Trigger on the SNES, and a lot of games are slowly adapting this as well (i.e. Mass Effect 2.)

The thing about The Witcher is that there aren't any real consequences for missing something. Either you miss or you don't. I think that's what set me off on this obsessive-compulsive thing with this game. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just there's no real incentive to play it through again. That's why I'd rather get everything in one shot and just be done with it. I'm not normally like this with other games that don't even have the replay value as I've mentioned earlier. It's just this game for some reason. Maybe it's all of those damn sex cards, hahaha.
Old 08-31-09, 06:55 PM   #2159
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Mass Effect is a poor RPG, decent action game.

shilk you must really hate life, the most compex RPG, and it doesn't come with wikkia page. every day you miss hundreds of possible events.
Old 08-31-09, 07:38 PM   #2160
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:

I'll try it again soon, gotta finish Batman first...
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote