Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-26-07, 02:16 PM   #721
BuBuLive

Default Re: Crysis Single Player Demo Feedback Thread

PLEASE MAN, UPLOAD THE GAME CRYSIS DEMO.
BuBuLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 02:16 PM   #722
m3dude

far cry came out nearly 2 years after the 9700 pro and right b4 the next generation of videocards were launching tho. this is 1 year after g80 launched and theres no new high end video cards launching anytime soon. also u guys seem to have bad memories. far cry ran very well on a 9700/9800 pro.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/..._ati/page3.asp
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 02:18 PM   #723
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkd
this really sucks, I looked at those screens for 1024x768 at very high, and the performance still sucked ass for that resolution, so much for optimized demo lol. I dont care what anyone says but at that resolution when your fps is in the 40's it just plain sad.

UT3 with my ultra at 700/1783/2350 averages 100fps at 1920x1200 but it doesnt have the best texture quality which will be available in the final game so lets take away 25frames and I might still be getting avg of 75 but still way better than crysis.

its just the problem with crytek they dont make the best optimized game engines, now I wonder why every one uses UT3 engine, it looks good and performs excellent.
ut3 is a pretty bad comparison.
Old 10-26-07, 02:22 PM   #724
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63
Just sent this email to EA, I have about had it with this stupid demo

The demo loads for me now, I get to the main screen and I can access all the game settings and start the game. It gets to a 100% loaded and it gets to the screen where it says August 7,2020 and the game is about to start and then my whole pc shuts down completely. I do not have any hardware overclocked, all my other games run fine, I have paid $50 for this game and this demo, this is not acceptable! If you cannot find a way for this demo to work for me I will cancel my preorder for the Crysis game. Please help me with these issues asap as I have sent you two other technical information questions with no response.

Thank you, Lee Danton
Do you have the newest directx?

I'm going to try it in xp
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 02:23 PM   #725
Nkd

I wasnt comparing it directly to ut3, I even said the the beta demo doesnt have the best graphics, I was saying from the look/performance ration Unreal engine 3 beats any engine hands down. Gears of war for pc for instance has been stated by highly reputable sources like IGN to have breathtaking visuals and performs at very high resolutions with current gen hardware.

I dont care how good the game looks if you are gonna play at 1024x768 and get 40fps with dips to the 20's with very high settings its not worth bragging about by any company. I really think that crytek was probably expecting nvidia to release the next gen at this time, lol, the one that they are probably sitting on.
Nkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 02:24 PM   #726
JasonPC

I played around the settings some and got it to look good and run better.

Very High Textures
High Objects
High Shadows
Medium Physics (I'll have to play around with this one to see how it affects performance)
High Shaders (I've played with this one a little. I think V. High adds the parallax mapping and it didn't hurt performance too bad)
Medium Volumetric Effects
Medium Game Effects
Medium Post Processing (this seems to be one of the biggest framerate hogs, plus the motion blur is annoying)
Medium Particle Effects (when I look at smoke my framerate takes a nosedive, this helps out a lot when dealing with smoke)
High Water effects
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 02:25 PM   #727
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkd
I wasnt comparing it directly to ut3, I even said the the beta demo doesnt have the best graphics, I was saying from the look/performance ration Unreal engine 3 beats any engine hands down. Gears of war for pc for instance has been stated by highly reputable sources like IGN to have breathtaking visuals and performs at very high resolutions with current gen hardware.

I dont care how good the game looks if you are gonna play at 1024x768 and get 40fps with dips to the 20's with very high settings its not worth bragging about.
well of course 2 games designed for the consoles and merely ported to the pc are going to run fast
Old 10-26-07, 02:27 PM   #728
Ontariotl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC

Very High Textures
High Objects
High Shadows
Medium Physics (I'll have to play around with this one to see how it affects performance)
High Shaders (I've played with this one a little. I think V. High adds the parallax mapping and it didn't hurt performance too bad)
Medium Game Effects
Medium Post Processing (this seems to be one of the biggest framerate hogs, plus the motion blur is annoying)
Medium Particle Effects (when I look at smoke my framerate takes a nosedive, this helps out a lot when dealing with smoke)
High Water effects
Maybe I'll try these settings later to see if there is an actual difference in quality.
Ontariotl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-07, 02:29 PM   #729
Zeus666

Crysis Demo Medium Settings

10 minute gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9c9WpnmEWo

Zeus666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 02:30 PM   #730
mortster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah!
...so what's the point, really? What's the point of making a game that can't run on current hardware and isn't a game that people will play for years, like an MMOG, which is the only time "future proof" even makes sense?
The point I reckon is to sell new hardware.
I reckon we might see the 9800 fairly quickly.
I was really really very disappointed with the MP beta, I run an E6420@3.20, 2GB and an 8800 GTX.
mortster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 02:32 PM   #731
poursoul
i eat people

Quote:

Very High Textures
High Objects
High Shadows
Medium Game Effects
High Water effects
What is your hardware? Can you give any more in depth performance stats? Like what settings effect CPU (Physics,) GPU (Shaders,) memory (Objects.)

EDIT: Sorry for being greedy, just been waiting forever.
poursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-07, 02:32 PM   #732
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah!
What's the deal with gamers and their masochistic tendancies when it comes to games? If i hear another person try and defend "future proof" when i comes to games i'm gonna puke.

Sure, Crysis looks amazing at the highest detail levels, sure it's probably the best looking game out there atm...but to what end?

Basically all Crytek has done is make a game that will finally be experienced the way it was meant to, in a couple of years. By that time, there will be better looking games and no one with decent hardware will give Crysis a second look.

When i see people "happy" that they see screenshots of 7 fps, i think they must have been dropped on their heads as a child. I'm never happy if a game i buy runs like ****...never, no matter what it looks like. If i want a pretty picture that runs like ass, i'll wait for the next 3DMark.

Here's the thing, by the end of this year Crysis won't be the best looking game you play, based on the settings you have to play it at compared to other games. Two years from now when you finally can play it maxed out, it still won't be the best looking game...so what's the point, really? What's the point of making a game that can't run on current hardware and isn't a game that people will play for years, like an MMOG, which is the only time "future proof" even makes sense?

98% agree with you,after spending 619 dollars for my Ultra this month (and 489 Cdn for my eVGA GTS 640 last Dec 12th),and the war I had to wage with my wife,(to get the cash),who is the main earner in the household for the next 2.5 years while I finish Nursing School,I am just a lil pissed to say the least. I bought a Raptor X and the Ultra to get a slideshow at 19x12....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriTonin
Looks more like a farcry mod than a whole new game to me. some shots look quite amazing and others look like 2004. Weird.

I'll say that I'm shocked at the performance, considering how nice the unreal 3 engine looked and ran in bioshock. Damn cry 2 engine. heh

I see what you mean,some of it is truly next gen jaw dropping stuff,and other parts look just ok,and some parts make Jericho look better,its just ....bizarre ! And yes the performance is horrible,shockingly so !!!!!!

Quote:

Very High Textures
High Objects
High Shadows
Medium Game Effects
High Water effects

Thanks for the tips and constructive post I did this with Farcry back in the day to get the same desired effects.

If you dont mind me asking you,what are your system specs Jason?
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote