Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-07, 01:23 PM   #49
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,816
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasot02
Meh...

The difference between DX9 and Dx10 in the game is not huge

Plus in DX10 the game runs a lot slower

and? when was the last video you had that ran the newer dx faster then the previouse one?
__________________
_________________________________________________
Mobo: EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i sli, CPU: C2D Quad 6600, Video: EVGA GTX 460 1gb SC, Sound: X-fi gaming, Windows 7, Antec P180b,Thermalright Ultra-120 HSF, Antec TruPower TP3-650, 4 Gigs RAM
jeffmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 02:32 PM   #50
JasonPC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,103
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

Yeah no doubt the point of dx10 is so that it would be more efficient than dx9. I'm just hoping that dx10 hasn't been optimized very well in Crysis yet because the performance is pretty disappointing. I noticed one thing you can't enable in dx9 is the "advanced" depth of field or the dof setting of 2 in the config file. When you enable that in the config file you get absolutely no depth of field. I guess that one is strictly limited to dx10.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 02:59 PM   #51
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

I can see the fact that DX10 is still "new" and isn't very mature. From what I understood, DX10 was supposed to put out way better graphics than DX9 . . . but really, it's going to be another year or so when you'll see a noticeable difference. Also notice that we don't have very mature DX10 hardware.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 03:17 PM   #52
Legend
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
I can see the fact that DX10 is still "new" and isn't very mature. From what I understood, DX10 was supposed to put out way better graphics than DX9 . . . but really, it's going to be another year or so when you'll see a noticeable difference. Also notice that we don't have very mature DX10 hardware.


Check out my thread

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...12#post1428512
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 03:42 PM   #53
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
See, I don't see a bit of difference from my DX9 version besides the sunrays and that's it. The lines are cleaner than mine but that's because you have a better card than I do.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 03:47 PM   #54
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!
 
Gaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,143
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
See, I don't see a bit of difference from my DX9 version besides the sunrays and that's it. The lines are cleaner than mine but that's because you have a better card than I do.
Wtf I don't get it when people say this AT ALL. The lightning/textures/shading, overall rendering of the scene looks so much more real in DX10, its not just the water and lightrays. Here's some more comparison shots, but really you only need the demo to see the difference: http://www.deezygn.com/images/extern...son/index.html
__________________
---MAIN GAMING RIG from MID SEPTEMBER 2007, MOBO+CASE+FANS UPGRADED APRIL 2009, GRAPHICSCARD UPGRADED MARCH 2010---
Case: Antec P182 case + 3x 120mm Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M @ ~900 RPM
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 04:10 PM   #55
Legend
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco
Wtf I don't get it when people say this AT ALL. The lightning/textures/shading, overall rendering of the scene looks so much more real in DX10, its not just the water and lightrays. Here's some more comparison shots, but really you only need the demo to see the difference: http://www.deezygn.com/images/extern...son/index.html

After the ini tweaks the diff between DX9 and DX10 is no where near that extreme.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 04:16 PM   #56
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!
 
Gaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,143
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
After the ini tweaks the diff between DX9 and DX10 is no where near that extreme.
I think it is. People keep trying tell tell themselfs "there's no differce between DX9 and DX10" because they WANT to believe it, it feels more confortable to convince yourself that you're certainly not missing out anything in DX9, especially not with the tweaks. I don't know if we're in the same dimension here, but I can defientently see a good difference still. I know of several other people, including jAkUp that shares this point of view as well..
__________________
---MAIN GAMING RIG from MID SEPTEMBER 2007, MOBO+CASE+FANS UPGRADED APRIL 2009, GRAPHICSCARD UPGRADED MARCH 2010---
Case: Antec P182 case + 3x 120mm Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M @ ~900 RPM
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-07, 04:18 PM   #57
Legend
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco
I think it is. People keep trying tell tell themselfs "there's no differce between DX9 and DX10" because they WANT to believe it, it feels more confortable to convince yourself that you're certainly not missing out anything in DX9, especially not with the tweaks. I don't know if we're in the same dimension here, but I can defientently see a good difference still. I know of several other people, including jAkUp that shares this point of view as well..

Guy you keep reading me all wrong I never said that their is not a difference between DX9 and DX10 because their obviously is! I have played them both so I know the differences!

However the ini tweaks for DX9 do infact bring it closer to how it looks in dx10. NOTE I DID NOT SAY THAT IT LOOKED IDENTICAL. DX10 OVER ALL STILL LOOKS BETTER.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 04:19 PM   #58
Legend
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

I am getting ready to post some PICS back to back DX9 vs DX10 using the SAME SETTINGS SO YOU GUYS CAN PICK THEM APART TILL YOUR BLUE IN THE FACE! LOL.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 04:34 PM   #59
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!
 
Gaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,143
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
Guy you keep reading me all wrong I never said that their is not a difference between DX9 and DX10 because their obviously is! I have played them both so I know the differences!

However the ini tweaks for DX9 do infact bring it closer to how it looks in dx10. NOTE I DID NOT SAY THAT IT LOOKED IDENTICAL. DX10 OVER ALL STILL LOOKS BETTER.
I don't read you wrong. I just don't think we agree on how big the diff between the two modes are.

And BTW the difference between DX9 and DX10 is firstly not easy to put your finger on, it's an overall impression, that whole lightning on the scene and render of the graphics and secondly , and on the contrary to what most people think, easier to perceive in-motion rather than screenshots.
__________________
---MAIN GAMING RIG from MID SEPTEMBER 2007, MOBO+CASE+FANS UPGRADED APRIL 2009, GRAPHICSCARD UPGRADED MARCH 2010---
Case: Antec P182 case + 3x 120mm Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M @ ~900 RPM
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 04:44 PM   #60
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Crysis DX9 vs DX10 = Quite a difference ^^

I guess I'll just have to wait to get a better GFX card and run the demo or game in DX10 to "see the difference". Even with those screens, DX10 is just brighter and has a few more bushes/plants on the hills (textures are a little better).
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crysis 3 preview News Gaming Headlines 0 06-16-12 07:20 AM
Crysis 3 E3 trailer features Psycho, Prophet, slow-mo nano bow News Archived News Items 0 06-05-12 07:00 AM
Now Available - Crysis 2 Maximum Edition News Archived News Items 0 05-29-12 05:30 PM
Stressing out GPUs with a DX9 game; is the Witcher 2 the new Crysis? News Archived News Items 0 05-09-12 04:40 PM
Someone please show me the difference in image quality on a ATI 9700 pro vs a GF4 ti? imtim83 Other Desktop Graphics Cards 70 10-22-02 01:25 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.