Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-28-07, 01:48 PM   #25
Kain

Default Re: EA and Crytek should be sued for

I played the demo on a GeForce Go 7400 with 128MB dedicated memory. With 800x600 and all settings on Low, I got an average of 15 fps. I actually finished the demo like this and loved the game. Can't wait to play the full game on a proper computer.
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 01:52 PM   #26
giverz
*BANNED*

you expect a brand new game, and not just any brand new game but one with realism that is unprecedented, to run on 3 year old hardware? pls dude, even a 8800 Ultra cant get playable frame rates with everything on max at 1280x1024. with a 7800 you need to turn everything to low.
giverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 02:06 PM   #27
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

omg, you people that think Crytek and EA should be sued for this are idiots, quit crying because of your ****ty computers
Old 10-28-07, 02:08 PM   #28
svetli_pp

You must be joking. To sue EA and Crytech for what, for making the most advanced PC game for the moment and for the near future as I see it compared to the demos of other AAA games coming out ? I play the demo with everything on high and even try it with certain settings on very high on 1280x800 and it is mind boggling uncomparable to anything else. I can say the same for the gameplay which is the most versatile I've ever seen. I admit that the presence of those barely applicable options in the settings menu makes me fret, but would you be more satisfied if Crytech have decided to omit the very high settings at all. No for me.
Old 10-28-07, 02:15 PM   #29
ASUSEN7900GTX

damn if i run with no aa no af in 1280x1024 maynbe i can get a 30fps run but other than taht forget it it wonŽt run too smooth with AF/AA enabled

but iŽll try the real game when it comes with a fresh system and fresh drivers and mama am i gonna go VIsta or not...yeah probably
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 02:21 PM   #30
Lfctony

Vista runs the same as XP in DX9 for Crysis, I've checked. Anyone claiming otherwise for a single card (don't know about SLI) should check their systems.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 02:28 PM   #31
Demanufakture
Demanufakture

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227
Lying about minimum and recommended requirements to run Crysis.

One system with AMD 3800 X2 Dual Core + 2GB of RAM + 7800GT Video Card runs this game barely with everything low settings. The funny thing the objects are not even rendered unless you're really close to them. I don't think that any system less then 2GB of RAM and specs below will run this at all.

This game will be able to play only few people and still the experience is going to be .

This is really unoptimized game. They threw a lot of things there with no logic and reasoning behind anything.

I'm not buying this game. Maybe they should had look at Call of Duty 4 and see how the things are done right in a sense of quality/performance ratio which is perfect.

This Crytek engine won't be used by any games in the future, but actually UT3 engine which with AA support is going to kick ass for then next 2-3 years.
Are you kidding? Crysis supports systems that are 2-3 years old like mine and it runs excellently on my rig at 1,024x768, no aa, all settings low except shaders, shadows, post processing, and sound on medium. The game looks better than Farcry and runs great to even on my old AGP rig. If you can't run the game with your specs then there is something else wrong with your rig. It's not the game.
2x Seagate Barracuda 80GB
Sony DDU1622 48x/16x DVD-ROM
Plextor Plexwriter 40/12/40 CDR-W
Corsair Value Select 2,048MB PC3200 DDR400
Acer AL1916 19" LCD (1280x1024x32@75hz)
EVGA e-Geforce 7800 GS CO Superclocked@460/1350Mhz (174.74)
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (2.09.0016)
Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 5300 Speakers
Windows XP Pro (SP2/Direct X 9.0c/IE7/WMP11)

Old GPU cards I still have (PNY Geforce 4 ti 4600/BFG Tech Geforce FX 5800 Ultra/BFG Tech Geforce FX 5950 Ultra/BFG Tech 6800 GT OC)
Demanufakture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 02:59 PM   #32
Vasot02
Crazy Greek guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Something everyone is overlooking here. The original poster is running VISTA. VISTA = the sux for gaming, aka a 35%-45% decrease compared to XP. Run Crysis on XP and get back to us.
Prepare yourself to get crucified by the Vista boys in here

Old 10-28-07, 03:11 PM   #33
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasot02
Prepare yourself to get crucified by the Vista boys in here
I think that I've been crucified for worse things lol.

Seriously, I've been playing the Beta since release 1.

AVG Frame Rate
Vista = 15FPS
XP = 45FPS

All Medium Settings, all releases put out the same performance.

I dunno about the SP demo, but I get the same XP performance as I did in the beta. I really REALLY doubt I'll get the same/better performance in Vista. REALLY doubt it. Unless you have a monster rig (mine is decent, just need a better GFX card), gaming in Vista isn't worth it IMO.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 03:27 PM   #34
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

Listen to all these guys here replying how good it is, when it wasn't released on time they hated it, and they were talking so much crap.. Stop being hypocrits and accept the fact that this game runs like ass. I realize it uses all these neat settings, and what not.. However when people who go to E3, and these different game conventions and are able to play it like butter with the same setups we have, some of them only just a 8800 GTX... Then we know we got a crappy product here. So either someone lied about the cards in the systems at said game conventions, or they've decided to help nvidia out, this is unacceptable... The game itself seems awesome. The whole night time mission, with the dude hangin up in the trees is sweet - but it isn't sweet when the entire game runs at 10-13 FPS. I even tried turning things to Medium, and only gained 7 more FPS.

What doesn't make sense is I could probably understand trying to render that much vegetation, and how it might effect some video cards, BUT when I look at the ground or get as close to an object as possible I still get the same FPS. In most games looking up to a wall will make even the slowest cards shoot up about 30-40 FPS... Point being this game is crap, and we were indeed lied to... at least about performance.. I will not be paying for this crap, and I am willing to bet Wal-Mart will see a lot of returns when people buy this and can't run it..
Old 10-28-07, 03:56 PM   #35
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

The game doesn't run like ass at all if you use the proper settings for your hardware. Be realistic folks, I know many of us like to think our 1 year old 8800s are "all that" but really, it's been nearly a year since release.... a GPU thats 1 year old is generally "has been" material. FOr the first time in a while we get to wait for nVidia to play catch up and put out a new product.

Two things:

I clearly remember Cevat saying in an interview:
"It will be 18 months BEFORE hardware catches up to the game and allows you to use the higher settings"

The game still looks better on high in XP with no tweaks than pretty much any game out there.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 04:21 PM   #36
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227

This is really unoptimized game. They threw a lot of things there with no logic and reasoning behind anything.

I'm not buying this game. Maybe they should had look at Call of Duty 4 and see how the things are done right in a sense of quality/performance ratio which is perfect.

This Crytek engine won't be used by any games in the future, but actually UT3 engine which with AA support is going to kick ass for then next 2-3 years.
- "Threw a lot of things" ?? lol .. yeah i like throwing more objects per scene , more geometry , sun shafts , HDR , softshadows for all objects , full scene/object-based motion blur , DoF , high quality textures , more bump/displacement mapping , reflections , refractions , movabale vegetation & lots of physics (inclduing distructable objects) to a game

- CoD4 uses same engine as CoD2 with some enhancments. thats why its running smooth , but people still want to max out their 8800GTX's & Ultra's (SLI) with next-gen games.

- CE2 uses AA aswell. it would be less used not because its not optimized for your PC , but rather the different game designs which could take more advantage of the UE3 than with the CE2.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote