Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-28-07, 06:25 PM   #49
Xion X2

Default Re: EA and Crytek should be sued for

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Something everyone is overlooking here. The original poster is running VISTA. VISTA = the sux for gaming, aka a 35%-45% decrease compared to XP. Run Crysis on XP and get back to us.
God, not this bull#@& again. We Vista users can do nothing but snicker every time you let this fly out of your mouth. There is no difference in gaming performance 99% of the time between the operating systems. I've even seen some cases where Vista was faster.

Let your hate of Vista go and look at things in reality. Your Crysis comparison is not the least bit analogous. You're comparing a version of the game that, by default, is not compatible with very high settings against a version that is. That's downright stupid. At the same exact settings, they are identical.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:29 PM   #50
Legend
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
God, not this bull#@& again. We Vista users can do nothing but snicker every time you let this fly out of your mouth. There is no difference in gaming performance 99% of the time between the operating systems. I've even seen some cases where Vista was faster.

Let your hate of Vista go and look at things in reality. Your Crysis comparison is not the least bit analogous. You're comparing a version of the game that, by default, is not compatible with very high settings against a version that is. That's downright stupid. At the same exact settings, they are identical.

Preach it brotha preach it!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:32 PM   #51
mumstheword

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Even if they did lie, why the hell should they be sued for it? It's just a game, cry me a river.
OK timberlake fan #1
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:34 PM   #52
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
Preach it brotha preach it!
Kids these days...

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 10-28-07, 06:45 PM   #53
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
OK timberlake fan #1
OUCH!

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 07:25 PM   #54
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2

Guess I could say the first line right back at you. You can't argue against benchmarks I'm afraid. In the case of Crysis (so far) and a non-monsterous rig, XP performance is noticeably better than Vista. But it's hard to just "take someone's word for it". I mean, you aren't anywhere near my location for me to show you first hand so . . .

Vista is holding it's own right now with just basic operations and apps, but when it comes to Crysis, XP performance has always been better in every beta release. There's an article over at [H] that compares about 6-8 games between the two OSs. Even though XP came out on top, it was anywhere from a 5 to 36 FPS difference, average around 10-15 FPS. Why would you NOT want that extra 10-15 FPS?

All I'm saying is that unless you have a real nice rig, mainly a really nice GPU, you should stick with XP just to squeeze all you can out of your rig for Crysis. The difference between 15FPS and 40FPS is quite noticeable, at least for me.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 07:33 PM   #55
Legend
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Guess I could say the first line right back at you. You can't argue against benchmarks I'm afraid. In the case of Crysis (so far) and a non-monsterous rig, XP performance is noticeably better than Vista. But it's hard to just "take someone's word for it". I mean, you aren't anywhere near my location for me to show you first hand so . . .

Vista is holding it's own right now with just basic operations and apps, but when it comes to Crysis, XP performance has always been better in every beta release. There's an article over at [H] that compares about 6-8 games between the two OSs. Even though XP came out on top, it was anywhere from a 5 to 36 FPS difference, average around 10-15 FPS. Why would you NOT want that extra 10-15 FPS?

All I'm saying is that unless you have a real nice rig, mainly a really nice GPU, you should stick with XP just to squeeze all you can out of your rig for Crysis. The difference between 15FPS and 40FPS is quite noticeable, at least for me.

Complete and utter bullsh1t

I dual boot between XP 32bit and Vista 64bit and I have played Crysis in both XP, Vista DX9 and DX10.

The difference in the frame rate from XP to Vista DX9 is no more than 5fps at the exact same settings using the SP demo.

Also I have a ton of other games and here is how they stack up for me.

Oblivion-runs ever so slightly better under Vista 64. 1-2fps faster.
BF2 and 2142- are both faster under Vista 64.
FEAR- Same speed in both.
DIRT- Faster in Vista 64 by a couple of fps.
Jericho-Same speed in both.
Half Life series is faster in Vista 64.
Lost Planet is faster in Vista 64.
Flight Sime X faster in Vista 64.

I suggest you take a look at firingsquads recent article comparing vista to xp. The difference is 1-2 fps in either direction.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 07:47 PM   #56
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstorm
You can't argue against benchmarks I'm afraid.
Geezus...

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...rmance_update/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiringSquad
F.E.A.R. and Oblivion were easily the best case examples for both AMD and NVIDIA. Performance with both of these games was largely similar regardless of the OS tested
Quote:
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars ran similarly on all the AMD configs we tested with regardless of OS used
Quote:
Company of Heroes took a hit of 4%
Quote:
If you were holding off on Windows Vista due to the driver situation, it looks like the situation has largely been resolved for both AMD and NVIDIA.

As for Crysis, again, you are not comparing apples to apples. XP does not go to very high on the settings like Vista does due to the DX10 API. Given that, you cannot do a valid comparison unless the settings are identical between the two such as users have posted HERE, and as you can see, when options are configured the same they are nearly identical. Your claim of "35-45%" is hysterical, bogus fanaticism.

And as for the beta performance between XP/Vista? Crytek themselves stated the beta wasn't optimized at all for Vista while the final version of the game would be. Who would let their argument hinge on beta performance in the first place?

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz

Old 10-28-07, 08:29 PM   #57
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

six_storm = macboy. what do you expect? also crysis demo doesn't represent what final version gonna be... i'm sure he should be aware of it by now. i hope.

OP: are you trying to be funny or what? because it's not funny. :P go and do something more productive.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 09:01 PM   #58
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I'm really glad you guys read my post. Dunno about Legend, but Xion and Naitoson both have really nice rigs and really nice GPUs. I DON'T. For someone who only has a 8600GT, I can tell a difference between the two OS's. Why would FRAPS put out a lower number on the screen while under Vista? Why would the game be slower and more choppy under Vista compared to XP? But hey, I'm talking to a brick wall so . . . . you can finish the sentence.

Naitoson, check out the sig. No more Macs. I'll give Windows the edge for gaming, but that's about it.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 09:25 PM   #59
Blacklash
8^9^3

Well resolution matters, and they gave you the ability to adjust all the graphics settings for a reason. So you can scale the game to your hardware or tastes.

Try Medium shaders, and the rest to high, or even reduce others to medium if needed.

I play all high, with a few select things set to very high @ 1680x without issues. Yes that's under Vista x64 on the DX 10 path. Some say texture, object, water and sound are all you need on very high. Naturally, don't set that if you have a dated graphics card or are using a mainstream solution.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 10:09 PM   #60
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227
Lying about minimum and recommended requirements to run Crysis.

One system with AMD 3800 X2 Dual Core + 2GB of RAM + 7800GT Video Card runs this game barely with everything low settings. The funny thing the objects are not even rendered unless you're really close to them. I don't think that any system less then 2GB of RAM and specs below will run this at all.

This game will be able to play only few people and still the experience is going to be .

This is really unoptimized game. They threw a lot of things there with no logic and reasoning behind anything.
My specs are almost the same as yours, i can run the game fairly well on medium - high settings. I just cant use high shaders or high textures due to the lack of RAM and video memory. I do not believe the game is poorly optimized, its just too demanding even for today's hardware. Who knows crytek might release future patches which will improve performance in the game. But that seems unlikely.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote