Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-28-07, 10:16 PM   #61
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Default Re: EA and Crytek should be sued for

#1 No one lied to anyone. I believe the performance was stated by crytek as "A C2D @ 3.0GHz or higher, 2GB memory and an 8800 will run the game smoothly on high settings." They didn't say VERY HIGH, just HIGH. I believe the statement made in the same interview was "It will take hardware 18 months to catch up to the game."

#2The comments about the videos of the demo running like butter.... it was XP in DX9 (high settings) @ 1280x1024 with a quad core and a GTX... It runs like butter for me on this rig at those settings, don't know what you guys are doing wrong.

So how many of you complaining about it "running like ass" read that article with those statements in it(which I know A LOT of you did read it) and are trying to run the game with setttings outside the scope of what your rig can handle and are complaining about it "running like ass" ??? The hardware will catch up, until then... it's still the best looking game out there and its only a demo of level 1!!!! Plus the game play with the nano-suit just rocks!!! Quit trying to play the game with ridiculous settings and just enjoy the game with the settings your system will run it at.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 10:40 PM   #62
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Go ahead and try and sue them... They market the game and put up the minimum requirements as a courtesy to the consumer.

There is no case here. If you're not happy with the game, no one is forcing you to buy it.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 11:24 PM   #63
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
I'm really glad you guys read my post. Dunno about Legend, but Xion and Naitoson both have really nice rigs and really nice GPUs. I DON'T. For someone who only has a 8600GT, I can tell a difference between the two OS's. Why would FRAPS put out a lower number on the screen while under Vista? Why would the game be slower and more choppy under Vista compared to XP? But hey, I'm talking to a brick wall so . . . . you can finish the sentence.

Naitoson, check out the sig. No more Macs. I'll give Windows the edge for gaming, but that's about it.
Just checking, but did you launch it in DirectX 9 mode in Vista? It will default to DX10 in vista if you just run it straight from the exe or shortcut.

In XP it will obviously always run in DX9.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 11:33 PM   #64
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Just checking, but did you launch it in DirectX 9 mode in Vista? It will default to DX10 in vista if you just run it straight from the exe or shortcut.

In XP it will obviously always run in DX9.
I haven't tried the SP demo out in Vista yet, I left Vista back about 3 weeks ago since I don't have a good enough GPU. All of the benchies I've been posting are from the MP beta. Since I'm getting the same performance in XP on the SP demo as I did the in the MP beta, I wouldn't expect it to be any better in Vista since I had poor performance with the MP beta. Hope that made sense lol.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 12:08 AM   #65
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox
#1 No one lied to anyone. I believe the performance was stated by crytek as "A C2D @ 3.0GHz or higher, 2GB memory and an 8800 will run the game smoothly on high settings." They didn't say VERY HIGH, just HIGH. I believe the statement made in the same interview was "It will take hardware 18 months to catch up to the game."

#2The comments about the videos of the demo running like butter.... it was XP in DX9 (high settings) @ 1280x1024 with a quad core and a GTX... It runs like butter for me on this rig at those settings, don't know what you guys are doing wrong.

So how many of you complaining about it "running like ass" read that article with those statements in it(which I know A LOT of you did read it) and are trying to run the game with setttings outside the scope of what your rig can handle and are complaining about it "running like ass" ??? The hardware will catch up, until then... it's still the best looking game out there and its only a demo of level 1!!!! Plus the game play with the nano-suit just rocks!!! Quit trying to play the game with ridiculous settings and just enjoy the game with the settings your system will run it at.
1) Address me properly.

2) the DX10 version they showed of the game was running smooth, and it wasn't just video footage we started seeing blogs of where people played this game super smooth in DX10 on computers setup at conventions.

3) It does run like ass, and as far as hardware goes they said several different statements in their little interview, and a lot of them cater to the 8800 series of cards. I am sorry but even in DX9 Mode the game runs like crap. Things should at least run 30 fps... The game as said one thousand times before you decided to become a fan boy and defend this junk that EA once again released, is unoptimized. I understand its a demo, and I realize theres to be bugs, but this game is unacceptable as a final product.. It should at least run better medium settings, not even then does it. Oblivion in some aspects has some nice graphics that are comparable to crysis, and theres mods to make everything look better as well, and that game runs damn good.

Its your opinion - I'll let you have it but its in mine that this game is not a good representation of what they've been saying... Its an actual fact that EA is known for screwing up games, and after BF1942 the BF Series became crap. Bf2 is a great game once you get around the bugs.. The developers are pushed to the limits here, and Crytek is no exception... slave driving EA... its about money with them, not gameplay.
Old 10-29-07, 12:16 AM   #66
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I just went through the demo again and played around with the settings. Turns out that my rig can handle everything on high (even shaders) minus shadows (medium). Plus there's no AA or AF. I averaged around 30FPS too! Hopefully I can get a new GPU soon . . .

When I can get a new GPU and a new hard drive (I'm about out of room), I'll reinstall Vista Business x86 and try DX10 modes out to compare.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 12:17 AM   #67
Barrok

Ok say you sued. What would they award you for damages? You paid NOTHING for the demo... settle down man.
Barrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 12:58 AM   #68
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard
1) Address me properly.

???

WTF is that supposed to mean lol

edit: odd that we have very similar set-ups except for you having a better video card and I have no problems with running this game.... but I'm sure the problem is with the game.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-07, 01:03 AM   #69
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

I don't think its scalable like they said it would be. I can run it except it looks like a game made in 2001 as I have to turn down many of the effects. Its seems to have only to extremes in either its looks extremely good or extremely bad. No in between to say make the game look as nice as say Far Cry did and ran on top end hardware like the 7900 cards.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 01:22 AM   #70
Atomizer

Hmmm...... I completed the demo with it looking like this:

Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 09:21 PM   #71
khellandros66

How this cookie,

Its their product, no one is making you buy it, download it or play it! If you are unhappy with it, STFU and play something else! Move on, grown the hell up! EA and Crytek can choose whatever method of delpoyment they want, if thats their business model so be it, they gotta do whats right for them before worry about your whiny little pig tail @$$

Sorry but something is seriously wrong your pc, IDK who ya are but I'll tell there are way to many so-called computer wiz's and experts out there. I work for an ISP, I have done work for major companies like Alcoa, FedEX, so on. I see more of these so-called experts come to me with their tale between their ass-cheeks cause the don't have the knowledge to realize their browser is hijacked let alone setup a truly issue free pc.

If you expect to get respect on forums like this, where truly knowledgeable users exist, ya better start the learning process before you start posting unintelligent BS that comes from your @$$ instead of your brain.

Now does anyone else feel like a stompping cause I gotta whole lot more go if you think ya man enough..

~Bobby
Old 10-30-07, 09:33 PM   #72
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Quote:
Originally Posted by khellandros66
Now does anyone else feel like a stompping cause I gotta whole lot more go if you think ya man enough..
I was gonna say that that was a pretty good post until you added this part, then I was like...

WTF?