Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-07, 06:05 PM   #49
Legend
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
You came here acting like you're one of the few elite who can play this at playable frames. It's all right in there in your posts. It's very playable for me on lower resolution, with all the configs. But I won't make a thread about it since it's all already there in the main thread.

Why? because I stated that I was probably one of the few people that could run it in full DX10 mode while keeping the fps over 30? well hell! look around at some of the post of what people are saying and I wonder what made me say that?

My whole point was to prove that the demo is indeed playable under DX10 with a little work, I posted here to offer my help to others.

Im not gonna fing sugar coat everything I say for over sensitive people like yourself. I speak it the way that I see it and if you dont like it then its real simple, get out of my thread.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:06 PM   #50
mumstheword
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 509
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
An ini hack? Why didn't you specify that before? He could probably enable it if he knew what to look for.
It's obvious he's an elite and he would already know how to do it.
__________________
q6600@3.0ghz
8800GTS-320mb 650/1000
4gb ram
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:07 PM   #51
ralinn
Masters
 
ralinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK, England, Portsmouth
Posts: 1,675
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

****ing hell, can one of you answer the question from me and Gaco before we start picking on random midgets, please?
__________________
(CPU) Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz @ 1600MHz (ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE mainboard) (RAM) 3GB (HDD) 931GB
(GFX) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (1GB), 1680x1050x32, 59Hz (OS) Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium (SP1)

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:11 PM   #52
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
It's obvious he's an elite and he would already know how to do it.
Don't be an ass. He's just trying to help people, and the information he's posted should be very useful for those still on XP who want some of the DX10 effects. After wading through the 50-70 pages of screenshots of folks playing the game at 20fps, he had good reason to do what he did. Several people were asking him to back up his claims, so he did.

For whatever reason, a lot of people haven't yet figured out how taxing the shader setting is in DX10.
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:13 PM   #53
Legend
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Don't be an ass. He's just trying to help people, and the information he's posted should be very useful for those still on XP who want some of the DX10 effects. After wading through the 50-70 pages of screenshots of folks playing the game at 20fps, he had good reason to do what he did.

For whatever reason, a lot of people haven't yet figured out how taxing the shader setting is in DX10.

Very well spoken and thats exactly why I did it. Seeing some of these gawd awful low FPS on machines that are just as powerful as mine started to really get to me.

I just wanted people to see how well the game runs when you use some common sense with the settings.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:15 PM   #54
Legend
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
****ing hell, can one of you answer the question from me and Gaco before we start picking on random midgets, please?

LOL, sorry man. What was it again? something about the ini tweaks?
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:17 PM   #55
mumstheword
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 509
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
Why? because I stated that I was probably one of the few people that could run it in full DX10 mode while keeping the fps over 30? well hell! look around at some of the post of what people are saying and I wonder what made me say that?

My whole point was to prove that the demo is indeed playable under DX10 with a little work, I posted here to offer my help to others.

Im not gonna fing sugar coat everything I say for over sensitive people like yourself. I speak it the way that I see it and if you dont like it then its real simple, get out of my thread.
Now you're the sole proprietor of this thread? No, you definitely don't have issues with your ego.

There's posts that try to help people, then there's posts that try to boast and shoot others down. According to you, some of us aren't able to use our common sense after all these years with PC games.
__________________
q6600@3.0ghz
8800GTS-320mb 650/1000
4gb ram
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:20 PM   #56
Legend
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
According to you, some of us aren't able to use our common sense after all these years with PC games.

Well yeah thats exactly what I am saying, gee your so smart

When I look around and scroll through 50-100 pages of threads and see pic after pic of people running the crysis demo at 8-15 fps using the same type of hardware that Im using what else am I left to think?

Im glad your such a great Dick Tracy and all because I doubt anyone else could have figured me out the way that you did.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-07, 06:21 PM   #57
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
There's posts that try to help people, then there's posts that try to boast and shoot others down. According to you, some of us aren't able to use our common sense after all these years with PC games.
It's not "boasting" if it's true. Reading through the Crysis demo thread is more comical than watching Jessica Simpson in a political debate would be.
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:26 PM   #58
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!
 
Gaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,143
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
LOL, sorry man. What was it again? something about the ini tweaks?
Let me quote my post, the very post I've been posting 2 times in this thread without answer:

"Legend where is that text supposed to go? At some point I was doing some of that sort in Documents->My Games->Crysis_SP_Demo->game.config, but the config just reset itself regularily.."
- as respond to the commandlist of tweaking.
__________________
---MAIN GAMING RIG from MID SEPTEMBER 2007, MOBO+CASE+FANS UPGRADED APRIL 2009, GRAPHICSCARD UPGRADED MARCH 2010---
Case: Antec P182 case + 3x 120mm Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M @ ~900 RPM
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:27 PM   #59
Legend
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 287
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco
Let me quote my post, the very post I've been posting 2 times in this thread without answer:

"Legend where is that text supposed to go? At some point I was doing some of that sort in Documents->My Games->Crysis_SP_Demo->game.config, but the config just reset itself regularily.."
- as respond to the commandlist of tweaking.

This is where I got it from.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...28#post2518428
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:29 PM   #60
mumstheword
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 509
Default Re: CRYSIS DEMO Vista 64 DX9 Mode with tweaked Ini is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend

When I look around and scroll through 50-100 pages of threads and see pic after pic of people running the crysis demo at 8-15 fps using the same type of hardware that Im using what else am I left to think?
Uhmmm, they are using very high shaders and higher resolution? And yes, if you turn down to high shaders you get better performance. You get even better performance with DX9. Like I said, most people have figured that out already in that thread.
__________________
q6600@3.0ghz
8800GTS-320mb 650/1000
4gb ram
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crysis 3 preview News Gaming Headlines 0 06-16-12 07:20 AM
Why Windows 8 could be the next Vista News Archived News Items 0 06-15-12 10:30 AM
Error messages... HELP!!!! Imperito NVIDIA Linux 3 09-24-02 10:46 PM
Nvidia GF4 MX 440 + Mandrake tomchristopher NVIDIA Linux 3 08-18-02 09:42 AM
nVidia drivers + Red Hat Linux 7.3 Error404 NVIDIA Linux 17 08-16-02 11:34 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.